Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 14
[Post New]
I can't get powerdvd 14 to save bookmarks. Under 'general', if I choose either 'resume playback from the last scene' or 'prompt before playback resumes' it always plays the Blu-ray or DVD from the very start. Anyone else have this problem?
[Post New]
Correction: this behavior is ONLY with Blu-ray movies...DVD s will resume playback from last scene. WHY won't Blu-rays resume from last scene? IS it possible that PowerDVD does not have the capability to auto resume Blu-rays from the last scene? Say it isn't so!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
please check the help file search for "resume" in it:

"Note: the auto-resume feature is not available for Blu-ray Disc playback."

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
You are kidding me right?? GOOD THING I was using the trial version! I will uninstall it and BUY a copy of either 'Total media theater' OR Windvd Pro, both programs offer Blu-Ray resume. Powerdvd isn't really that convenient if one has to go thru all the movie menus to find their chapter is it? Please fix your software before you lose even more customers. Blu-Ray resume is just basic functionality, all the fluff you added to version 14, like cloud storage and such doesn't really matter much if you can't offer simple features that make sense.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2014 14:58

Mathew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 11:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this information. I was planning on upgrading for the sole purpose of getting that feature. Looks like it's time to find another program.
MikeAvelar [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canda Joined: Jun 24, 2013 15:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
PDVD14 keeps crashing on most of my Blu-Ray movies... I'm sick and tired of it... what a waste of money.