Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing older versions of PowerDVD
Neese [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2017 19:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings,

I recently upgraded to PowerDVD17 Ultra and noticed that I now have three versions (15, 16, 17) of PowerDVD operational on my computer. On the windows removal list only 16 an 17 appear but 15 is still operational. Should earlier versions be removed or do they rely on one another to function.

RN
[Post New]
Quote Greetings,

I recently upgraded to PowerDVD17 Ultra and noticed that I now have three versions (15, 16, 17) of PowerDVD operational on my computer. On the windows removal list only 16 an 17 appear but 15 is still operational. Should earlier versions be removed or do they rely on one another to function.

RN

Hello, If this were my computer I would use Windows Add/Remove & uninstall 16 & 17. When asked do not save personel settings. We want a CLEAN reinstall. I would then delete all folders for Cyberlink. Then I would use a program called Ccleaner and *MANUALLY* (meaning its safer to read each registry entry that the program marks for removal & remove it yourslef IMHO) delete all references to Cyberlink/Powerdvd in list. Reboot, then in the RUN box type regedit and look under HKey local Machine & Hkey Local user and delete anything Cyberlink. Again, reboot. Now you are ready to perform a CLEAN new install of PowerDVD 17.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 18:44