Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 19
[Post New]
when is PowerDVD 19 coming out?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote when is PowerDVD 19 coming out?

Why? What do you expect/want from it? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]

Why? What do you expect/want from it?

I was hoping for better compatibility within Windows 10. Now, when I try & play .AVI files powerdvd 18 crashes on me. THere are no answers for this anywhere I can find. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling to no avail. This issue has been happening since Powerdvd 17. I can play DVDs and Blu-rays just fine. AND VLC media player plays the files that Powerdvd cannot for me. Its just a shame I pay out my money for a software with glitches.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

I was hoping for better compatibility within Windows 10. Now, when I try & play .AVI files powerdvd 18 crashes on me. THere are no answers for this anywhere I can find. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling to no avail. This issue has been happening since Powerdvd 17. I can play DVDs and Blu-rays just fine. AND VLC media player plays the files that Powerdvd cannot for me. Its just a shame I pay out my money for a software with glitches.

Contact Cyberlink Technical Service with your written complaint? Even if someone else has reported the issue, the more the complaints increases the importance.

There is no guarantee that 19 will have it addressed.

Are the AVI files yours or readily available on-line? The reason I asked is that I only have one old avi file on my computer and it plays fine with 18. but it was made with an early version of a video editing program.

I tried downloading a high speed camera avi and it would not play.

I know that this doesn;t answer your complaint and you have other ways of playing the avi but is it possible that you do want to convert the avi to something ese?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2019 15:29

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.