Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 17 can't Play Logan Blu-Ray
[Post New]
Hello, I bought a Blu-Ray copy at Walmart of a movie called 'Logan'. When I try to play it I get a message; 'This and other discs include new technology that does not support truetheatre video enhancements and truetheatre 3D during playback. I click the OK button, and it tries to load, then a 2nd message appears, 'a Big blue box that says 'We're Sorry, in order to protect retailers against unauthorized distribution you will need an access code to play this disc. now if I click 'obtain access code it will play. Why am I getting this? I wanted to post screen shots here but when I try I get yet another NON Friendly message from Cyberlink; "The provided URL must have the HTTPS protocol to use this feature"... you're kidding right? Cyberlink is going to make it difficult to allow people to upload simple error .JPGs for help??? WOW, great way to treat your paying customers who support you. PowerDVD 17 was not cheap. SO I laboriously typed all the error messages word for word. Thanks. I have tried a clean install of my video drivers in Windows 10 64 bit, AND a clean install of PowerDVD 17. I'm in compliance with HDCP as I'm using DVI-I. AND NO, I do not wish to use an HDMI Cable because this limits my refresh rate on my monitor to 60Hz, and you need 120Hz to watch 3D Blu-ray movies. I have a hunch this is not an error but a deliberate implementation of the copyright trolls. Now, I would like some honest answers here if anyone can provide them.
no-body [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2017 08:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Read me.
[Post New]

Thank you. First time I had ever seen this.
[Post New]
I tried playing Logan with Powerdvd 17 to see if it would try n go out to the web, it didn't.. it wanted to download something else to play the disc, but couldn't. Funny I have no trouble playing countless other discs, plus this disc works in my Sony Blu-ray player with zero issues on my TV. PowerDVD has issues.

[Post New]
IF anyone else is reading this, (AND it sure isn't Cyberlink technical support) I found a solution that works. I found a program called 'DVDFAB Passkey' that totally eliminates this.. the Discs just play. There is a free and a paid version. Problem now solved.. I watched Logan. Great movie (SPOILER ALERT) very sad to see Logan & Professor X meet their end. I would've liked a better ending but hey, it was real.

Quote I tried playing Logan with Powerdvd 17 to see if it would try n go out to the web, it didn't.. it wanted to download something else to play the disc, but couldn't. Funny I have no trouble playing countless other discs, plus this disc works in my Sony Blu-ray player with zero issues on my TV. PowerDVD has issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2017 14:39