Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oh... ignore my previous comment since Dafydd addressed already.
Erich,
I did not find PD8 support FLV files. I guess you installed codec packs (such as K-Lite). Do you mind converting them into some other formats such as WMV or MPEG2 and try your project again?
David,
From my point of view, your platform is quite powerful.

However, if the handling speed of MPEG2 SD is what you're satisfied, then, I recommend you import all files you need into PD and wait for "a while" until you see CPU utilization shown in task manager drops to single digit level. The time depends on how many clips and how long they are. This is so-called "file processing for Hi-Def video" in preference dialog. PD will generate proxy videos (in standard def) for later editing.

Of course, you can turn it off in preference dialog. Check if the performance after turning off is acceptable for you. Because background processing might be also a factor making you feel sluggish.

My platform is Intel E6600 2.4GHz with 2GB DRAM. PD7 works acceptably fine with AVCHD clips. "Acceptably" means I tried other software and they are much more sluggish than PD7. I'm thinking current Wintel platform still has long way to live with Hi-Def.

Good luck.
Hi,
Maybe what you have to do is just to switch from clip mode to movie mode.

Good luck.
Benny,
I noticed that CyberLink web lists HDR-SR7 which should be "Main Profile". If my information is right, SONY changes its H.264 video spec from "Main Profile" to "High Profile" in models shipped after 2007'Q4.

I have SR12 clip in hand, and PD7 seems need to re-render it. I think PD7 so far only support "Main Profile".

In your case, you put SR5 and SR11 clips on timeline, you should be able to see partial ok but another part need to re-render. Btw, I sometime ignore audio part since their is no control to adjust audio in SVRT info page. I successfully edited my SR1 clips w/o A/V re-rendered, as I ticked "Dolby Digital 5.1" in Produce.

Good luck.
tatu54,
A filemonitor utility shows PD access a temp folder.
Thus, I'm thinking if this could help.

Find your Windows folder and locate the Temp folder.
ex. "C:\Windows\Temp".

Right click the "Temp" folder, choose "properties" and
go to "security" tab. "Add" your name and "Allow" full control. Try launch PD again.

Good luck.
Andrew,
I tried Dafydd's workaround and it seem working.

My steps are:
1. drop the clip in timeline
2. open up Audio Mixing Room. (timeline thumb is at beginning now)
3. Drag video slider to 0 level
4. Drag timeline thumb to where ends fade-in
5. Drag video slider to middle level
6. Drag timeline thumb to where begins fade-out
7. Click video slider's thumb (no move)
8. Drag timeline thumb to clip end
9. Drag video slider to 0 level.

I got perfect audio fade-in/out. That's it!
Agree!
I think this is the reason:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937141/en-us
The article says: In Windows Vista, you cannot use the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 codec to create MP3 content.

Several articles can be found among hacker's discussion about workaround in Vista. See this example:
http://www.looprecorder.de/tut_l3codec.php

Good luck.
> The capture does not work with my camera connected using
> USB, so I have to put the DVDs in the DVD drive in the computer.

Chopperman,
I have DCR-DVD805E in hand and it works ok w/ my PD6. I once had trouble connecting it to my PC. After browsing the menus in camcorder, I found there is an option "USB connect" in its setting options. Inside the option, you can find an icon implying to connect PC with DVD drive. After choosing it, a DVD drive will be added.
Maybe you can check it out.

Btw, I found DVDCam as a DVD drive in PC doesn't have good performance. Now, I'd rather put my recorded disc in my PC's DVD drive.
Dennis,
Do you mean your DVD drive lost after PD6 installed?
If yes, it's after installed or after lauching program?
If I use the capture mode in PDR6, from the camera DVDs in my DVD drive in the computer, all the clips are now recognized as 16:9, no matter which format is used on the video camera DVD.

This meets my imagination. As far as I know, most people use to edit video of DVDCam by importing vob files as other regular file types. However, most DVDCam implementation 16:9 in cost-effective way. How?

DVDCam comprises mainly codec chip and system chip. The former handles MPEG2 spec (video and audio) and the later handles DVD spec (IFO, navigation, etc). The most interesting thing is DVD spec allows aspect ratio setting in navigation pack, IFO and MPEG2 video pack (in priority order). However, most codec chip only writes 4:3 and manufacturers let system chip do the setting overide in IFO. So, preventing codec chip replacement can save cost. That's why editing software usually treats such vob file as 4:3 because only MPEG2 video pack will be handled in this scenario.

Similar issues had been posted in this forum for PD3~PD5. Although PD provided workaround with aspect ratio setting dialog, CyberLink tried to provide more user-friendly (treat DVDCam as any other camcorder), and more robust (needless to set 16:9 manually) way.
Rickey,
I may remember wrong but I though PowerProducer 3 NE should be able to burn to BD disc. But, from your description, you seem looking for AVCHD or BD-9 alike solution. Then, you might have to wait for a while since this kind of solution is not quite popular yet, neither does Sony's AVCHD bundled software.

If you just want to back up HD videos, regular burning software such as Nero, Power2Go should be helpful.
Joreen,
From the log, I saw Roxio sw is also installed. Not sure if its components cause something conflict...

You maybe know CyberLink and Roxio are competitors.
Rickey,
After reading through your question again, I'm thinking you want to burn a 15min TOD video into a DVD-Video disc, right?

If yes, I think the bundled software, PowerProducer can help.
Barry,
What's the playback result on computer with the same disc?
Hi, Chopperman,
What kind of Sony video camera do you use?
Is it a DV camcorder or DVD Cam?

I assume you're using DVDCam then I recommend you go to PD6's capture page. Choose DVDCam capture, instead of VOB import directly.
From JVC's web, their HD cam should be MPEG2 video wrapped in MPEG2 TS. However, as far as I know, regular PD5 and PD6 doesn't support MPEG2-TS editing.

If your copy is a JVC bundled version, that will be another story.
In Menu -> View -> SVRT Information, you can find the reason why SVRT is not enabled. Try find information there first.
I'm curious, too.
Go to: