Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
JVC GZ-HD7 Cyberlink software suite capabilities ?
Rickey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2007 11:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Does any body know if you can create using Cyberlink software suite bundled with the 60GB JVC GZ-HD7 high definition camcorder.

My question is can you create and burn a 15 min high definition video on to a standard DVD ? the video captured is 1920x1080i CBR high definition ?

Thanks, Rick
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
From JVC's web, their HD cam should be MPEG2 video wrapped in MPEG2 TS. However, as far as I know, regular PD5 and PD6 doesn't support MPEG2-TS editing.

If your copy is a JVC bundled version, that will be another story.
Edric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2006 02:01 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rickey,

For the HD movie clip, I think 4.7 GB can burn about 20 mins. Have you even test it by yourself?
ddyy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rickey,
After reading through your question again, I'm thinking you want to burn a 15min TOD video into a DVD-Video disc, right?

If yes, I think the bundled software, PowerProducer can help.
Rickey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2007 11:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks ddyy and Edric for your replies, and inputs,

The JVC GZ-HD7 does come with a Cyberlink bundle that can handle HD video created by this camcorder.

I have tried creating video files, and also a DVD RAM disc with the power producer 5 software, and it seems to convert the HD (1920 x 1080) video into DV type quality to burn on to a standard DVD disc, even in the highest DVD quality set.

I'm not trying to copy the TOD data to a DVD disc, I'd like to create a short HD video onto a DVD disc, and it doesn't have to be able to play in a standard DVD player. It could be played and written from a blu-ray burner, and player, just want to use cheaper DVD media to burn short HD videos.

In the GZ-HD7 there is a limitation of ~18min (4GB) when creating a playlist on the camcorder. FYI (file size at 1920x1080 ~200MB/min)

If anyone else has any other input or experiences let me know your ideas, or if possible, I'll keep searching for the capabilities in a software.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 16. 2007 12:18

ddyy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rickey,
I may remember wrong but I though PowerProducer 3 NE should be able to burn to BD disc. But, from your description, you seem looking for AVCHD or BD-9 alike solution. Then, you might have to wait for a while since this kind of solution is not quite popular yet, neither does Sony's AVCHD bundled software.

If you just want to back up HD videos, regular burning software such as Nero, Power2Go should be helpful.