Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm curious, too.
Interesting!

I tried to db click on video track and pops up video trim dialog.
db click on music track and pops up audio trim dialog. Both seem fine to me.
Last time I ran into similar issue was because I skipped some installation of component. I can't recall clearly but usually the prompt that asks "Yes" or "No", but I clicked "No".

Maybe you can try uninstall and then install again with all steps walked through.

Wish this helps.
One of my friend once had unexpected program crash easily. After discussing with him, we found PD6 installer seems to have problems. If you have PD5 installed already, PD6 installer doesn't uninstall PD5 first but just directly installs and overwrite files in the same program folder.

If you're in this case, I suggest you try uninstall PD6/PD5 completely and install PD6 again.

Btw, to above issue, I read PD6's Readme and found they do put some notice of installation trouble on it. Maybe you can take a look, too.

I didn't run into this because I always manully uninstall current version
first and then install the version I want to use.
Talbot,
To identify program or network issue, maybe you can try uploading with YouTube's web page. If it's working but not PD, then it's definitely PD's issue.

From my experience, whenever PD not working, I tried the other day, it worked. Not sure if web service is not stable enough.
Villareal,
Did you add any chapter in Edit Page?

If yes, how about adjusting chapter positions or reducing chapter counts?
Modify chapters and try again.

If no, you can add 1 or 2 in chapter page and try again.

Good luck.
Sorry for the late reply.

Try this way:
1. In Windows Start Menu, "Run", input "Regedit" then click "ENTER".
2. Try to locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", click to expand the tree.
3. Try to locate "Software, click to expand the tree.
3. Keep the same step as above, find "CyberLink", "PowerDirector" and "5.0".
4. "New" a registry key by right click the right pane
5. Select "DWORD value"
6. Input "EnableWaveForm"
7. Click "Enter" then you have it.

Launch program again to see if it works.

By the way, I recommend you trying PD6. This new version seems optimized the UI responsiveness.
Sorry, I haven't tried File Monitor.

Did you copy that packed folder out of temp directory?
Have you excuted "setup.exe" of it?

Btw, you're supposed to be of administrator priviledge
during the installation.
This is a tricky way to locate the actual installer if the installer is packed in single exe form.

"During" installation process find this folder:
Document and settings\<user name>Local Settings\Temp".

Check if the newly created folder contains setup.exe, data1.cab, etc.
Then there supposed to be a sub-folder named, ''Menus" and you have it.

You can copy this sub-folder out of there for further installation.
For installation opinion, I found many companies bundle Google tool bar installer by default. I think there must be some deals in-between such as Google pays them under some circumstance.

For QT installation, I once uninstalled QT for some reason. But, I found Smartsound of PD and Ulead VS both can't work. I guess it's the reason: Smartsound is working based on QuickTime.

For PowerDVD, several years ago, My PowerDVD only bundled DivX decoder. Not sure latest PowerDVD. But, I think PD need encoder as well.
Per my observation, those files are all 80x60 BMP files. Since the folder name is "MediaCache", it might be something related to speed up such as a cache for video clip's thumbnail. If I were you, I'll leave them there except you got HDD space shortage.
Looks like the menu templates failed to install.

I recommend you find the uncompressed folder of PD6.
You can find "Menus" folder and execute setup.exe inside.
Then, check if "Menus" folder installed in program path.
Quote: Have they addressed the issue of including still photographs with 16:9 video? or will the video still be compressed and the photos not making the two incompatible for showing on either a 4:3 OR wide screen TV. I've tried cropping photos, and masking them, but if the captured image is 16:9 compressed the photos still get distorted in the final production.

My only option seems to be to film in 4:3 with an eye to occupying the centre of the frame and then putting a mask on the PiP line for the duration of the project, and then viewing on either screen type works if PD is set to output as 4:3.

I found there is a new tool in PD6. You can right-click the photo clip on timeline. A context menu contains a "Set Image Stretch Mode". This helps
control stretch once I have mismatch between timeline and photo.
I ran into the same trouble after my QT updater updated my QT to latest.
The issue will be gone once I uninstall QT and install the one included in PDR6 uncompressed folder.

Maybe you can try.
Produce means to do file export to the file format you desired.
CreateDisc means to make your production on DVD/CD.

Not sure if this answers your question.
Well... I'm not sure if I understood the right issue that you described. D Bevan seemed to bring me to understand the question that capture with JVC HDD camera seems trouble. If it's the case, I think you don't have to feel trouble. For HDD camera, you don't have to go through usual DV capture workflow. The only thing you have to do is just to plug in your USB connector into computer, find the "Removable drive" found by Windows and then browse the video clips in SD_VIDEO. Then, you just treat them as regular files and copy them into your local HDDs.

Yes, I ran into the same issue. Interestingly, I can easily found the difference. You can find your styles folder in PD Premium's directory havs a little difference from the one in Deluxe, an extra desc_u.ini in Premium. "u" seems to mean "unicode" because it's unicoded text file. This gave me a hint. I deplicated desc.ini of X'max styles folder and renamed to desc_u.ini. Open it and SaveAs "unicode" file. Btw, make sure you locate the right ini file with your installation language.

For lost effects, I learned a skill from their tech support. I can just copy files in plugin folder(in PD folder) into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\Plugin\3.0.

Wish this help you.
Does your project run with SVRT or not? Probably, you have to use the correct profile if you don't expect your MOD file content to be re-encoded.

If you use PD5, you can see an menu item in menu bar: View->SVRT information.
I am thinking whether adjusting audio key frames meets what you want to do.

If you're using PD5, you can find audio level line in master video, voice-over and music tracks, respectively. Clicking on the line will add key frame on. Draging another end downwards can make the audio fade.

Good luck.
Well... I once ran this problem. But, at that time, I used PD5 from some annoyous ftp site . That site put the wrong CDKey and sw activation failed. After I tried another CDKey purchased from their online store, it's working now.
My copy of PD5 Premium seems to run ok with this part but my friend's PD5 Deluxe has simliar issue. Perhaps their engineers revised this. Anyway, I observed a registry key that might help. I hadn't tried it yet. Maybe you can tell me if it works.

Find PD5's registry in HK_CU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\5.0
Create registry key "EnableWaveForm" (I guess it's a dword). To disable, set "0".

Good luck.
Go to: