Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade in audio at start of clip - successful workaround
[Post New]
Somehow I can't do this. If I use the audio line below the clip and try dragging the start of it to '0' the point just bounces back up again. On the audio mixer, the fade option is greyed out, until I move the time line on. Then I can fade it but only starting at that point, not from the very start.

Aargh!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2007 08:37

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

I know this already works for you - as we have talked to each other.

see images 044 and 045 attached. Note the position of the dots (cursor and click and drag) and the slider moved down in 045.

Dafydd
 Filename
screencap044.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Shows the positional marks made using the cursor
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)
 Filename
screencap045.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Shows the first position being altered by moving the slider down.
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2007 10:05

[Post New]
Post removed as the method described does not work.

See next post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2007 08:40

[Post New]
Unfortunately, although the above workaround appears to work when previewed, the actual rendered movie still has a clunk of audio before the fade in starts. In otherwords PD6 cannot work with the first few frames of audio.

The only workaround that is successful for me is to insert a coloured board, say black, before the video clip and then insert a video fade transition. That way you get a fade up from black, and the audio is automatically faded up too.
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
HI all,
I have noticed that there is a "blip" on the sound at the very start of my timelines but only when previewed in PD. The final rendered video does not have the blip, just the sound track as it should be.

Hope this helps
Kintara
8 Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
[Post New]
Hi Kintara

Very strange. Just as a matter of interest, how are you creating the fade in? Also, when you zoom in to maximum and look at the audio graph, can you see the fade in from the very start, or does it only start slightly later in the timeline?

Thanks

Andrew
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew,
I tried Dafydd's workaround and it seem working.

My steps are:
1. drop the clip in timeline
2. open up Audio Mixing Room. (timeline thumb is at beginning now)
3. Drag video slider to 0 level
4. Drag timeline thumb to where ends fade-in
5. Drag video slider to middle level
6. Drag timeline thumb to where begins fade-out
7. Click video slider's thumb (no move)
8. Drag timeline thumb to clip end
9. Drag video slider to 0 level.

I got perfect audio fade-in/out. That's it!
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kintara

Very strange. Just as a matter of interest, how are you creating the fade in? Also, when you zoom in to maximum and look at the audio graph, can you see the fade in from the very start, or does it only start slightly later in the timeline?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew
As mentioned elsewher, I used a black colourboard in the video and did a transition fade in. I have also messed about with adding nodes to the sound track and dragging the 1st one as low down as possible, never been fully happy with that method. Will try the one suggested by ddyy, seem sensible enough way to do it. Personally I have not played around enough with PD to even know that the mixing room as there (even though it is blindingly obvious!)
Best of luck to you all

Kintara Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.