Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
no mp3 settings for divx format ....help please
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2006 12:53 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
when i try to create a divx file from an mpeg i choose video audio settings and want to choose audio format mp3 but it only lets me choose pcm any ideas why i cant do it now ?
i used to be able to on my old pc when i had pd5 installed
thank you
scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
anyone ????
do i have to download codecs from somewhere ?
if that is the problem and you cant advertise other sites on here could you pm me please

i want to produce all my holiday videos as divx with using mp3 as the audio to send to family abroad

thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Scott,

In PD6 build 1731b and in build 1604a The selection of a mp3 audio layer is straight forward...so I'm a tad confused as to why you're not having any success?

Please state what build you are using? Look in Help/About.

I've attached an image of the method used.

Dafydd
 Filename
divxmp3.gif
[Disk]
 Description
DivX and selecting mp3 audio
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks mate im using 6.00.1731b im using vista if that helps mp3 used to work on my old pc in xp using pd5
scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
that visual you uploaded id s how i used to get mp3 but in this version for me it has only the pcm option
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

Looks like there is a variant caused by a Vista set up.

I've passed the data onto CyberLink and asked them to look at your posting report.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2007 10:31

ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I think this is the reason:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937141/en-us
The article says: In Windows Vista, you cannot use the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 codec to create MP3 content.

Several articles can be found among hacker's discussion about workaround in Vista. See this example:
http://www.looprecorder.de/tut_l3codec.php

Good luck.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorted

OK, Scott you have the info... let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorted thanks a lot people
Odoggz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 19:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Steve,

Looks like there is a variant caused by a Vista set up.

I've passed the data onto CyberLink and asked them to look at your posting report.

Dafydd

despite what DDYY uncovered, I can use Lame's encoder to make an MP3 using Vista, but only if I select "WINDOWS AVI" as the video type- which I don't want to do because I want a DIVX video file. If I select DIVX (I have a purchased 6.8 version) then only PCM shows up- just as the original poster said. So it's not a problem of not being able to convert to MP3 because I've used CYBERLINK and ULEAD's products on Vista machines to make MP3 audio in a video. It's a problem with the DIVX selection, in POWERDIRECTOR 7 not giving you the option to do anything but PCM. Obviously Divx supports MP3 and Windows AVI supports MP3 so the common denominator is POWER DIRECTOR being the problem. If I make a video in VIRTUAL DUB I can do DIVX with MP3 audio too! If anyone gets the fix to this, can you let me know? I've uploaded what my selections look like.
If you sorted this out, please show me, I'm lost here.
[Thumb - NOT good.gif]
 Filename
NOT good.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Here you're locked to only PCM when doing DIVX profile.
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
[Thumb - all good.gif]
 Filename
all good.gif
[Disk]
 Description
here you see all the options you can pick for audio.
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)
Bushcat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2008 19:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same MP3 problem with DivX in PD7 with only the PCM option available but, in addition, as you see in the post by Otis, notice in the "Video" section of "Video/Audio Settings" in the "NOT good.gif" you cannot change the video size and frame rate. I have the DivX Connected box that is only compatible with MP3 as audio and want my DivX video's with an output of 1280x720. I select the 720HD profile in the codec settings but PD7 defaults to 640x360 on the rendering page. It is not OS related as I have tested on both XP and Vista.

Bushcat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2008 19:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Before you ask, I am using AVCHD files from the HDC-SD9 at 1920x1080 so it cannot be PD7 defaulting to the input Video size. I have tested this on Pinnacle Studio 12 and that handled the AVCHD just as good as PD7 and output the DivX file just fine to 1280x720 with MP3 audio (this is built in to Pinnacle). Being a die hard fan of PD, I really hope a patch to resolve this comes out soon.