Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can not load power director 6 on vista ultimate 64 bit system
James F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2007 21:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with Adobe Acrobat 8. System stops and will not run at opening. Says there is an unexpected shutdown. Sometimes suggests I lack adminisrative rights even though I am Administrator.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 14. 2007 21:56

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Write up your problem and contact Tech Support.

If, as you indicate you're getting a Vista/PD6 conflict they are the ones to contact.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Vista's - Long Goodbye.

Reading postings and news items often raise a smile, an eyebrow even a sigh of relief...not for everyone.

Have a read of this news posting: http://www.theregister.com/2007/05/15/vistas_long_goodbye_continues/

Perhaps Vista issues should be posted on Microsoft TechNet http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1358057&SiteID=17

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 15. 2007 12:57

Buttermaker [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alberta, Canada Joined: Apr 10, 2007 22:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My oh my... I don't like the looks of this thread. I just ordered a copy of VIsta Ultimate 64 bit edition and I am using Power Director 6 I hope I don't have the same problem.

Right now, I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit and PD6 is running good, with the exception of a little choppiness during the preview when I am capturing video.

I can't see there being a difference when running PD6 on a 32 or 64 bit Vista. If there is, I am not going to be impressed.
Dennis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2007 22:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit and I upgraded to PD6 from PD5 and have not been successful with getting my dvd drives to work with PD6 installed. Had to do a system restore in order to get my dvd drives to work again. So I went back to PD5 and installed the 2505a patch and so far it is working. Sure wish I had stayed with windows xp. Has anybody else had this problem?
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Dennis,
Do you mean your DVD drive lost after PD6 installed?
If yes, it's after installed or after lauching program?
Dennis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2007 22:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ddyy
When I install PD 6 the dvd drives work untill I shut the computer off and then when I turn it back on the drivers for the drives will not install with PD 6 nstalled on my computer. I have to do a system restore in order to get the dvd drives to work again. I have tried this 4 times with no success. This is a new computer with everything up to date. I have Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit as the OS. Have you heard of this problem with any one else? Thanks.