Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD burning stops at 21%
[Post New]
Apologies - only reading the previous posts - FLV's worked OK with the 75% 4.7GB disk I editied and burnt before this one - works great!

So FLV must be "Compatible"
[Post New]
OK - split the files to fit in 4.7Gb and everything works like a charm!

Seems to be a problem with the (burning of ?) dual layer disks.

Not a big issue - had some lying around and gave it a go.

Will try a DVD+RDL at some stage just to see if that is the issue.

Else - I am happy with DVD+R printables!

Hope you get your problems sorted out!

Erich in Cape Town - 21:23 SAST
[Post New]
Quote:
I chatted to forum member Bif about his i7 and so far he hasn't reported issues to me.

I'll email him this link to see if he has some feedback
Dafydd
[Moderator]

Not much feedback yet. Still waiting on copy of PD8 ordered from amazon.com, will install when it gets here and see what kind of trouble I'm in.

All I've had a chance to do is edit one 4 minute project in PD7 on the Core i7 machine. I experience multiple "hangs" that it did recover from in a few minutes on it's own, and one total PD7 crash.

I did get the project edited (a tutorial on manual aperture control on the Canon T1i in video mode) and it's here:

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/660/t1i-and-dof-control-with-efefs-lenses-1/
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Keyan,

Basically you're not alone.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7909.page#32480

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2009 09:04

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd wrote:

Basically you're not alone.

At the risk of being too philosophical, are any of us?

(especially with Tony's doppleganger about)

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adrian, with that lightness of touch, you bring me hurtling downwards with a crunch and a bump!

Thank you for the laugh!

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
i7 guys please try:

How about trying it again but turning off some process?

1. Type msconfig
2. Select the second tab and click the button "Advance option"
3. Check the process count and select 2
4. Restart the PC and try to burn the same project again.

These instructions are from R&D.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Erich,
I did not find PD8 support FLV files. I guess you installed codec packs (such as K-Lite). Do you mind converting them into some other formats such as WMV or MPEG2 and try your project again?
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Oh... ignore my previous comment since Dafydd addressed already.
PerryL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2009 18:16 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd-

Thank you for sticking with the initial purpose of this forum. I have taken a screenshot of the contents as you had requested, and will attached them seperately. I made sure that the hidden files were viewable, and that all extensions were shown. I also included some more info below that may help you track this anomaly.
Here is a list of the different methods I attempted with the same project (Project is the same referred to in the original e-mail made up of mpeg-2 video and jpeg photos:

1. Attempted to burn the project with a Menu, the result is exactly how it was in the original e-mail. (Stops at 21%, more details in original e-mail)

2. Attempted to burn the project without a Menu. The progress stays at 0% (sometimes gets up to 3% but reverts back to 0% after a couple seconds), Time elapsed continues to count, Time remaining shows “- - “. It stays like this til I cancel.

3. Using the same project, I produced a MPEG-2, then I burned the single MPEG-2 with and without a Menu. Burn was successful. At start of burn immediately Time Elapsed began and Progress percentage increased. Time remaining showed “- -“. Once the Progressed reached 21% the Time remaining showed a time and started counting down until the burn was 100% completed and it was successful.

Thanks,
Perry
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Having trouble posting contents, will continue to attempt.
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents
[Thumb - Contents1.jpg]
 Filename
Contents1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents2
[Thumb - Contents2.jpg]
 Filename
Contents2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents3
[Thumb - Contents3.jpg]
 Filename
Contents3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)
[Post New]
Good Morning! I also have had problems with both renderring and burning using PD8. No matter what I tried, it all stopped at 18%. At that point I would get"runtime error". Now, I had the phone service and the folks there were great. They kept giving me things to try like shutting down the uac and selective startup. Those efforts all ended in failure. Then it occurred to me, the error message always says that windows terminated in an unusual way. So I sent an email to the company that made the computer. I use vista. So maybe these directions only work with vista. They Tech guys for HP gave me directions for making changes at the dos prompt. I did it, and I tried it, and it worked. I think.After making these changes, my movie produced to 100%. I don't want to get too optomistic, but that is the best I have seen since I started using Power Director.

GinnyB
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perry, I need the diagnostic please. All the rest of the info is excellent.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it please
PART - B - provide it please.

In the Contents2 was there a .mov video file? I saw a*.mov in Contents1.

Virginia, excellent input. I have copied the information to R&D at CyberLink. If they ask me for more data I'll send you a PM.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2009 07:11

PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Contents are all from the same folder, just couldn't fit it in one screen shot. I see two .mov files in the Contents1 screen shot, but I don't see any in the Contents2 screen shot. When I get home I'll be sure to post the diagnostic. Thank you for your help.

Perry
[Post New]
I'm hanging at 21%, as well. I've tried DVD only and burn to HD only with same result. I produced a avi file, put it in a new project and it hung at 24% in the burn process. Something fishy going on here...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2009 15:27

PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Dafydd

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Here is all the information you requested.
Power Director Ultra 8.00.2013
SR number VDE080829-03
 Filename
PerryDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
393 time(s)
[Post New]
I have more historical analysis of the 21% bug, let me know if my analysis is wrong.

1) It definitely occurs between generating menus and generating video from project.

Facts: When a good Burn runs Taskmanager looks like this.
Watching Burn in Task Manager shows MotionMenuGenerator*32 running at 95% avg and sometimes RichVideo briefly runs at 30% and screen flashes. At 21% MotionMenuGenerator stops, Richvideo ran a little then PDR8.exe*32 started running at 95%, occassionally PDHanumanSvr runs at low %.

2) Those with problem are either new to PD8 or newly updated to v3022.
3) Those that report OS have Win7-64bit.
4) Appears to be related to Hardware Encoding function initially broken, but once user has either Produced a video to file with encoding or got Hardware Encoding toggling working on Burn.
5) After users get it working we don't hear back from the same user again.

Theory: I think something is set wrong with PD8 regarding hardware encoding. Those that turned on hardware encoding before Producing a video didn't run into a problem. Those like me who were cautious did not turn it on immediately. While trying to solve the problem we turned enabled hardware encoding capability and haven't had a problem since. You may not realize you fixed encoding as I got mine to work by Producing a video first, Encoding. I could then toggle it in Create/Burn for the first time. I assumed that I had to leave encoding off to get past 21%, but since have realized it still works while on. That tells me the default setup for encoding was broken. To prove this I would have to totally uninstall and clean my machine and reinstall again, but don't have time right now for that.

Question: If you are still experiencing 21% problem please document every setting, your change from here on out until it starts to work. It may be our only way to verify what fixes it. Let us know if you still experience this problem.

Extracted Facts from 21% posts:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7772.page#31763 25/08/2009 Chad joined same day
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7876.page#32351 01/09/2009 Perry files worked on PD7U, joined same day; Erich Win764bit DVD DL; Keyan 1920x1080 AVCHD source
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8397.page#35126 16/10/2009 Craig joined on 11th
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/13075.page#61208 30/08/2010 Anthony Win7 64bit didn't have problem on v1930, but got random hangs, had problem with 3022.This morning when trying to burn slideshow 3, I notice that the option “Enable hardware video encoder” was unchecked, so I checked that box. PD8 crashed at 21%. I ran the same slideshow with the box unchecked, PD8 successfully burnt the disk. Just to make sure that the first crash wasn’t associated with anything else, I again run PD8 with the “Enable hardware video encoder” checked, again PD8 crashed at 21%.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/13075.page#61406 03/09/2010 Ken, win7 64bit, new user v2330, AVCHD source, couldn't initially set Hardware Encoding (uncheckable), now that I can set it, I can use it on or off with no hangs on same video. It's possible that users are accidently fixing themselves without knowing by using the Produce to get the Encoding function to work.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/13075.page#61406 03/09/2010 Ben AVCHD source, first test of PD8

PD7 (may or may not be same problem)
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5431.page#20994 19/01/2009 Matt new to PD7 It goes to 21% where it says "Producing Titles..." 32bit
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5535.page#21508 27/01/2009 Yellclimber new, 21% then I got error code 8007000e, working on Titles Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Velocity Micro
Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz
RAM 6GB
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS v258.96
ViewSonic VX2255wm-4 dual extended display
K-Lite 32bit & 64bit
1680x1050
Windows 7 Basic background no Aero
Hitachi 400gb system dr
[Post New]
Perry:

I've found that if you make changes to the menus in the "create Disk" page it's best to do a "Save Project" then exit PD then re-start it and reload your project before burning it. Also put the blank in the burner and wait for the Windoze message that asks what you want to do with the disk before you run PD. If you put the disk in the drive while PD is running you'll get a drink coaster almost every time. Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry