Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem creating DVD
Joreen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2007 14:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I try to burn to DVD it says, "initializing 43% and then absolutely stalls out. Finally windows says it quit responding and shuts it down. Is it my program or my burner? I'm up against a serious deadline and I'm starting to panic.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joreen,

Not sure what the exact problem is, but I am sure the first thing customer support would tell you to do is uninstall and then re-install PowerDirector...and see if that works. But you don't have time for that.

Why don't you Produce your video as a file. You should probably do it in MPEG-2 format and then burn that file to a disc separately in another program.

This will help you determine if it is your burner or PDR, and at least give you a video file you can use in the mean time.

Good luck
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Joreen,

Daveed is right to advise you to create a mpeg file etc. I think you should have mentioned which PowerDirector you have and he would have been able to respond with perhaps more precise information.

You do have time to uninstall - reinstall after you've saved the project - heck that task takes only a little time and should be the first task you do.

I would also suggest you create an mpeg file and then bring that file back into PD and add chapters for the write to disc process (this is splitting the creative task and lessoning the burden on your PC). I would also suggest you do not have video playing in the menu thumbnails.

Dafydd
Joreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It crashes when I try to create an mpeg also. I'm wondering if it's the Pip track. I may try to eliminate that and retry. I hate to do it because I really like it the way it is but at this point I'm ready to try anything.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Insufficient resources.... The problem points to your PC being at fault NOT the software.

You still haven't stated what PowerDirector you are using! . You've now indicated you cant produce an mpeg - ummm.... I think you need to look at your PC build data.

Go to:
Start Menu/Run/
Type in DxDiag
Click OK
In the display select "Save all information"

This will be a text file.

Attach it to your next posting.

Dafydd
Joreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry. It's 5.0. Thanks for helping

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks for the DxDiag.txt.

I'm going to pass the information onto Customer support to see if they have any input.

Dafydd

ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Joreen,
From the log, I saw Roxio sw is also installed. Not sure if its components cause something conflict...

You maybe know CyberLink and Roxio are competitors.
Joreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did not know. roxio came with the notebook. I'll see if it's something I can't live without.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Roxio and PD - the inference is to do with Disc drivers clashing, not to do with creating an mpeg etc! Reinstalling a software would make the last software installed dominant if done properly!

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 16. 2007 13:00