Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Seems like the same as this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97453.page#post_box_391984

Is friend using the exact same file? Prior, you corrected by changing to mp4 vs mov and you were happy, mp4 can only do HEVC LongGop 100M while your previous mov file was HEVC LongGop 200M.

My guess would be HEVC Video Extensions or QT not being installed. Might check friends PC vs yours. Posting a sample video may help as well.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, that other post was me as well - I'd completely forgotten I'd previously posted almost a year ago when I first had the cam. (my friend and I are of a "certain age" you see). The clips which behaved on his machine were the identical ones. I was motivated once more by the thought that 200M .mov files MUST somehow be superior to 100M .mp4s I will check with him to see if he has QT installed but meanwhile I did a side by side test of both formats and I honestly cannot see any difference, so the easy answer is just to use .mp4 I guess. Many thanks again. Phil.
My problem is with Power Director19. 4K movie clips shot on the Panasonic HC-X1500 Camcorder in the .mov format show no thumbnail images in the media room - only solid black icons. Furthermore the icons cannot be played in the media room, there is no video and the audio is solid white noise.
HOWEVER once clips are dragged to the timeline the clips WILL play without any problems, both audio and video - there is still no thumbnail reference image generated however. I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a cure for this problem. I will add that other 4K clips shot in .mp4 format are not problematic in this respect.

PS a friend has PD18 and he can see thumbnails on the .mov clips, both in the media room and the timeline and the clips play fine in both areas.

Thanks Jeff, the GoPro should be fixed 50P frame rate. The exposure being adjusted by auto iso and, I presume, aperture. Yes, I waited fo all the shadow files to be generated. I'm not much of a technical person I'm afraid and I find explanations of file types and their behaviour in software and hardware a nightmare to get my head around. Being a certain age doesn't help! The GoPro footage plays fine on the PC via VLC media player btw. Here's a short clip from the GoPro if it helps. Thanks again. Phil

Things seem to be working OK now. I hadn't optomized hardware acceleration since installing a replacement graphics card. Strange how it worked with one camera but not with files from the GoPro before doing this. Many thanks. Phil

Post the MediaInfo specs for your GoPro clip or a small sample. Have you waited for all clips to get shadow files generated?

Another possibility, I'd suspect the shadow file conversion is not good, it can happen with highly variable frame and/or bitrates and unique GOP's of source clips. Your HCX-1500 is more than likely constant fps and bitrate. To get a feel, take one of your GoPro clips and use Handbrake to create a file at constant fps and similar max bitrate and same frame size. Use this in PD19 and see if the shadow file, once created, has a smooth playback.

If me, I'd stay away from using "Render Preview", it can create too many issues in final render.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, the GoPro should be fixed 50P frame rate. The exposure being adjusted by auto iso and, I presume, aperture. Yes, I waited fo all the shadow files to be generated. I'm not much of a technical person I'm afraid and I find explanations of file types and their behaviour in software and hardware a nightmare to get my head around. Being a certain age doesn't help! The GoPro footage plays fine on the PC via VLC media player btw. Here's a short clip from the GoPro if it helps. Thanks again. Phil
I'm mixing 4K/50p clips from a panasonic HCX-1500 camcorder and a GoPro Hero 9 action cam. After all shadow files are made the Panasonic clips play nice and smoothly whilst the GoPro's remain stuttered and jerky - both sound and vision. Preview is set to High (Normal and Low are unwatchable). I CAN fix this by the" Render Preview" button for the GoPro clips but it's just another step to do and takes extra time. I just wonder why this happens and why the shadow files do not play back smoothly from the GoPro without the extra step. Thank you.
Quote The simple answer is that the original format of your clips isn't supported by PD. As you've discovered, using a 3rd party app to convert existing clips and changing the recording settings for new clips are the solutions.

If you'd like ask CL to support the original clip format, you can request that from File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions. It would help to include a link to a sample clip on Google Drive or OneDrive so they can test it directly.

My apologies. I failed to mentioned I was using the .mov container format (it was a late night when I posted). Seems my PC is not configured for Quicktime (although it is installed). I did an update. Now VLC will play.mov files but PD still cannot. Never mind. I'll just use .Mp4 from now on in camera.
Quote You didn't mention that the original format was MOV, and that's almost certainly not a PD version problem. Instead, your friend's computer is likely configured properly to work with Apple's Quicktime codec while yours likely isn't.

Please see this discussion for more details.

Whoops, yes, I missed out that the original footage was shot in .mov - how do I set up my PC to work with Quicktime? Thanks. Update: I managed to do a Quicktime update. >Mov files play in VLC now but still nothing in PD. Not to worry. I'm quite happy to shoot in .Mp4. Thanks again.
Quote The simple answer is that the original format of your clips isn't supported by PD. As you've discovered, using a 3rd party app to convert existing clips and changing the recording settings for new clips are the solutions.

If you'd like ask CL to support the original clip format, you can request that from File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions. It would help to include a link to a sample clip on Google Drive or OneDrive so they can test it directly.

PS. I emailed a .mov clip that wouldn't play in PD19 to a friend who has PD18. Yes, you've guessed, it NO PROBLEM and plays perfectly well with the older version of the program.

How annoying and frustrating is that?

Many thanks for that - It's what I half suspected although it's a comfort to know there is no fault with either camera or PD. For me the solution is to use the .Mp4 setting - I'm sure the results are identical. Thanks again, your response is much appreciated! Philip.
In PD 19 - Icons in media pool are blank (black) and the audio is a very loud hiss only. Camera is Panasonic CX-1500 shooting UHD 4K 2160 50P "HEVC LongGop 200M" Icon thumbnails show up in Windows 10 Explorer and Video plays in media player and VLC but with no audio at all. Of course everything plays video+audio in the camera and (dare I say it) in Magix. Any help appreciated. Update: I have just altered the file format to .Mp4 and shot a 7 second clip which plays perfectly. I can rescue the .Mov footage by converting it in the other Editing Program and re-importing it into PD. I would however be interested in why this happens. Thanks.
I should have perhaps said "one combined waveform". However on opening the Audio Editor it reveals separate waveforms, one from each mic. which can be edited so I think that solves mt problem. Thanks for coming back. Phil.
Problem: I am using two XLR mono microphones into the two XLR inputs of my Camcorder. The resultant audio file is a single waveform. Is there any way to balance the audio levels from the two microphones in post production? Many thanks.
Quote I doubt 13 exe files, maybe 13 total files. The basic program install is typically 1 exe file and then several (8+ perhaps) rar files that get unzipped and installed as part of that process. You then have separate exe installs for Adorage and Vitascene filters. Depending what they bundled during your purchase, maybe some fonts, sounds,....so on for additional files, usually not exe though.

The email and supplied download links usually show rather clearly the files.

Jeff

I downloaded the program direct from the website without checking the email which had all the links: Here's a copy and paste:

[Download Instruction - PowerDirector Ultimate]
The
download version of CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate is comprised of
(13) individual .EXE files.
Please install first the PowerDirector Ultimate program file. Once the
main program is installed, you can install the 12 additional Content
Pack files to get all the effects, templates and menus for the program.
Just downloaded and installed PD19 Ultimate. The instructions mention 13 different.exe files, one for the program and the rest being extra Content Packs. I only seem to have ONE .exe file - where do the rest come in? Many thanks!
The only thing I recall that was unusual was that after one of the sessions (not the first) when saving the project the program asked me to give it a new file name, instead of using and updating the previous .pds file already nominated for the project. I gave the project a new name rather than overwrite the old one so now I have two .pds files which should relate to the same project but neither will re-load into the program.
Thank you for coming back and sorry If I appeared short-tempered, it's not like me. I haven't moved the projects - sorry I don't know what relative or absolute pertains to- None of the file names seem to have been changed. I have heard that.pds files can become corrupt so perhaps that happened to me?
RIGHT now I can't reload a project from a couple of days ago. This software is coming off the computer forthwith and I shall never by a CyberLink product AGAIN!!!!!
What no-one??? I should add if I browsed for the files but seem to be only to select individual clips not the whole folder full.
I'm trying to re-open a 2 hour project from a few weeks ago. I get the above error message. I have not moved any files. If I select "Ignore All" the project loads with all the editing except the panels on the timeline are black. Why should this happen?
Quote: The menu system in Powerdirector has for years needed a overhaul or updating.

It is the weakest area of Powerdirector.

Cyberlink does need to program in better error messages and better error detection.

Hi Carl I was going to post another thread about a subsequent problem I've had but thought I'd try here first in case you can pick up on it.

Before all the problems, I originally managed to burn the project to a Pioneer Blu Ray disc,this was in mpeg 2 format 1920x1080 50i. Lovely playback quality until the disc froze up in playing about half way through , also the menu text was too big and overlapped.
This led me to messing with the menu text which messed up the burning process and that is where you came in!!!
I used the proper means to adjust the menu text size and followed your advice - trouble was the project grew to 27Gb (for some reason), thus being too big for 25Gb discs.
Back to the drawing board. I used the SVRT button which suggested burning in H264 AVC format which I did. I burned a copy to a folder on the hard drive and then used ImgBurn program to burn a TDK blu ray disc.

So far so good, however the quality of playback is not as good as the very first disc. Static scenes are every bit as good but any movement be it camera or subject is ever so slightly jittery (enough to be irritating) Subject movement also leaves what looks like scan line trails for a fraction of a second.

So here we are again. All I am wanting is quality as good as I get playing the camera direct through the TV.
As a matter of interest my project is 1hr 40 long, however the software seems to think that it's actually just over 2 hours long. The timeline video/audio stops at 1.40 but the rest is made up of blank unused timeline. In the CREATE DISK page that disc production summary bottom left reads 27.6 Gb for the project or toggles to a project length readout of 2 hours.04 mins.
Any help much appreciated.
Go to: