Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the detailed response. Regarding my statement, "It is impossible to unlink a face if you made a mistake and associated it the wrong name", I was describing a different situation. For example, I created a face tag for "John" and linked his face to it. Later i made a mistake and linked the face of "Bob" to the face tag "John". My understand is that the auto face tag algorithm will now use the faces of John and Bob to apply the face tag "John". This is the relationship I could remove with deleting the face tag John and starting over.

Regarding Photodirector as a whole, I've been using version 5-10 for years with success editing photos. I purchased version 10 to use the new and improved face tagging feature. To be fair, I concluded that it is almost impossible for a pc based face tagging program to compete with the speed and complexity of cloud based solutions.

Thanks again
Robert
First I spent 12 hours testing and setting up face tagging on the trial version on a catelog of over 18,000 pictures. It worked well enough so I purhased the official version. Well I was screwed because Photodirector 11 would not read the project I created using the trial version.

So, I started over (12 hours wasted categorizing 30 names) and experienced the following:

• Sometimes it would not detect faces on some pictures eventhough a single face took up most of the screen

• The manual face tagging option intermitantely grayed out for no reason

• I tagged one persion in over 600 photos then all of a sudden the tag disappered

• It is impossible to unlink a face if you made a mistake and associated it the wrong name

I have been using CyberLink products for atleast 10 years and wanted to stay with a familiar interface. Not going to happen, so I currently evaluating another photo management software.

Robert
The ability to delete the gaps between multiple clips on the timeline with a single command.
Quote The ability to produce a separate file for each clip in the timeline using a single command. Today you can only produce one file at a time by selecting the range and then "produce range"

Why? I bring clips from sporting events into the timeline and edit them to remove footage that is not important. I would like to save each edited clip and delete the original footage with the excess content.

If I can't get the batch command requested above, it would be great to atleast be able to right click the clip in the timeline and select "produce" and have the format default to the original file format and location designated in settings

Robert

After spending 6 hours yesterday doing this manually, I feel the need to reply to my own post. I had to do this for 65 clips in the same timeline only to learn that when I highlighted each clip and then "Produced Range" it often grabbed a frame or two from the previous or following clip. I then had to repeat the entire process over again to exclude the extra frames. This wasn't caused by a glitch, the select range function just wasn't snaping to the begining and end of a single clip.

I will definitely purchase the next version if this is simplied or automated.

Robert
The ability to produce a separate file for each clip in the timeline using a single command. Today you can only produce one file at a time by selecting the range and then "produce range"

Why? I bring clips from sporting events into the timeline and edit them to remove footage that is not important. I would like to save each edited clip and delete the original footage with the excess content.

If I can't get the batch command requested above, it would be great to atleast be able to right click the clip in the timeline and select "produce" and have the format default to the original file format and location designated in settings

Robert

Yes, it can be played on most medium to high speced phones. However, what makes you think that the file remains encoded in H.265 on your video storage website (didn't say what it is)?

I upload the files to Google Drive which gives them the option to download it to their device/computer to play it or stream it directly form Google Drive. I assumed the file format stayed the same.
Today I produced the same 44 minute 1280 x 720 30P MP4 video in two formats:

1) H.264 at 10,000kbps (3.2 GB file size) production time ~30 min

2) H.265 at 5,000kbps (1.7 GB file size) production time ~80 min

I was really suprised that the video quality appeared to be indentical eventhough there was a big difference in file size. This is important to me because I record high school basketball games and post them online for the players and it would be great if I could reduce my cloud storage. Can H.265 be played on most computers and cell phones? It works on my Samsung Note 5 but I'm not sure about other computers and Apple devices. If yes, it might be time to invest in one of CyberLink's conversion applications and convert my entire library to save space.

Robert
Thanks.

Robert
I digitized my minidv disks using a previous version of Power Director. The files were saved as avi but now they are taking up too much space on my hard drive. Is there another format I can convert to without losing too much quality? The info for one of the files is below.

FFormat : AVI

Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave

Commercial name : DVCPRO

Format profile : OpenDML

File size : 3.80 GiB

Duration : 18mn 11s

Overall bit rate mode : Constant

Overall bit rate : 29.9 Mbps

Robert
Well I removed the video card and rendered a 50 minute video using the same methods as before. Unfortunately the result we're identical. I guess I'll need to purchase a better video card if I want to improve the rendering speed.

Robert
I took your suggestion and rendered with hardware encoding turned off. The XPS desktop was faster than the Spectre. With hardware encoding turned on the Spectre was faster than the desktop. I guess that means that the intel HD Graphics 520 is faster than the GT 640.

SVRT was still a lot faster in the Spectre than the XPS desktop. One SVRT test took 3 minutes on the Spectre and 12 on the HP Desktop. I checked the task manager and noticed that SVRT uses a lot of the hard drive resources. I guess that explains why the Spectre with SDD was alot faster.

Robert
I just bought a HP Spectre 360 and installed Power Director 13 on it just for kicks. I was shocked when it did everything faster than my desktop. That includes opening the application, loading files into the library, switching from edit to produce screen. The biggest difference was performing SVRT and Rendering, the laptop did these in half the time. I tested them with 5 GB of video clips. The laptop did run very hot so I won't be using it as my main video editing maching. Do you have any idea why the laptop performed better? The specs are below.

Dell XPS Desktop

• I7-3770 CPU @3.40 GHz 4 cores

• 12 GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 (2+2+4+4)

• Nvidia GeForce GT 640 1GB

• 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

• Windows 10 64 bit

HP Spectre x360 13-4183nr

• I7-6500U @ 2.50 GHz 2 cores

• 8 LDDR3 SDRAM

• Intel HD Graphics 520 1 GB

• 256 GB SSD SD7SN65

• Windows 10 64 bit

Robert
Yes I'm certain that each file used different encoding.

The recommendation to revert to the 347.88 nvidia driver had a huge affect on the performance of PD13. I just switched to the older drive and everything is alot faster (loading files to the library, SVRT, moving to the produce screen, rendering, everything). I may actually remain a PD customer. By the way, I have a I7-3770, a Geforce GT 620 and running Windows 10.

Robert
Jeff,

Your reference to this being related to Nvidia helped me find one of the old post on this topic.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45534.page#235081

The movie that originally didn't work was 50 minutes long. I just tested the hardware/cpu encoding theory by rendering a 25 second clip using hardware and another using software encoding. I was surprised when PD13 recognized both files. I guess this issue is also dependent on the size of the file since the 50 minute movie encoded by hardware failed but the 25 second movie was fine.

Thanks for your assistance. This also explains why my rendering times have doubled. I was about to drop PD.

Robert
I used PD13 to join M2TS files into a single movie using H.264 at 28 Mbps which is the same format as the original files. I later put the file for the movie I created into the timeling and PD13 would only let it be dropped in as an audio track. Outside of PD13 the movie playes fine. Any idea why PD only recognizes a video file that it created as an audio file?

Robert
I ran SVRT and got the results. Next I created a profile identical to the first recommended profile which coincides with the format of the original file. Then I ran SVRT again and got the results of the screenshot. It still show a workload reduction of 0% and didn't detect the custom profile that I created named "Canon Highest Res MP4".

Robert
I have a Canon G30 and it records MP4s using H.264 AVC 1920 x 1080, 59.94 frame rate at 35 Mbps. SVRT does not recognize a standard PowerDirector profile for these recordings and suggests a few custom profiles. What's strange is that the recommended custom profiles all show a workload reduction of 0% which I think means that all of the scenes need to be rendered. Shouldn't selecting a profile that matches the original recording reduce the amount of rendering required?

Robert
I record basketball games using a Panasonic HDC TM55K camcorder on the highest AVCHD setting. The video results using PD is great. Sometimes I have to down convert the video to DVD quality so I can post it online so others can download it. Recently another person recorded the same game using a professional video camera and posted it online. The website we post to requires that both of us submit the video in DVD quality resolution to be accepted. For some reason, my video looks grainy compared to the video submitted by the other person even though they were in the same format and resolution. What are some of the possible reasons for this difference in quality? I’m wondering if it is a result of the down conversion software in PD.

Robert
Thanks for the responses. I'm just editing basketball and football games and don't use any transitions. Will replacing the video card with one of those $200 gaming cards make a difference in the rendering time? I just want to change the one component (besides the processor) that will make the most difference.

Robert
I just bought a new computer with the expectation that it would reduce the time required to process HD video footage (AVC H.264 which will be burned to blu ray). Unfortunately I don’t see a huge difference between the two computers. What component should I change/add to my new system to improve the rendering speed?

HP Desktop (Old System)
AMD Athlon II X4 630 (P) 2.8 GHz (95W)
6 GB PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500) 240 pin, DDR3
1 TB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 5400rpm hard drive
Microsoft Windows 8 Home(64-bit)

Dell XPS 8500 Desktop (New System)
Processor: Intel Core 3rd Gen i7-3770 Processor
12 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
2 TB 3.5-Inch 7200 RPM Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5
Microsoft Windows 8 Home(64-bit)

Thanks,