Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just bought a new computer with the expectation that it would reduce the time required to process HD video footage (AVC H.264 which will be burned to blu ray). Unfortunately I don’t see a huge difference between the two computers. What component should I change/add to my new system to improve the rendering speed?

HP Desktop (Old System)
AMD Athlon II X4 630 (P) 2.8 GHz (95W)
6 GB PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500) 240 pin, DDR3
1 TB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 5400rpm hard drive
Microsoft Windows 8 Home(64-bit)

Dell XPS 8500 Desktop (New System)
Processor: Intel Core 3rd Gen i7-3770 Processor
12 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
2 TB 3.5-Inch 7200 RPM Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5
Microsoft Windows 8 Home(64-bit)

Thanks,
Robert
Thanks for the responses. I record multiple basketball games, create the final video files and burn copies as requested. It looks like I can retrieve the final video file and redo the chapters during the burning process. The only drawback is that I can't use the feature the puts a chapter at the beginning of each clip (that makes up the video file). At least I can use the "insert chapter at fixed interval" function. Thanks again.

Robert
I use the auto chapter settings after editing the video. I produce the video (I've tried different formats) but the final video produced does not included the chapter settings. I've played the video on the computer using windows media player and burned it to a DVD but the chapters are not there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Robert
Go to: