Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions - Closed
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- UI or usability improvements.

- program feature improvements.

- main program features.*.

Note: the suggestions from the previous thread have been summarized and are being reviewed by the PowerDirector development team. The previous thread has been closed and you can view it here for reference.

This new thread has been started to try and keep things more organized. CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

Note: do not use this thread to issue complaints or report bugs. For these, please contact customer support. Bug and complaint posts will be removed from the thread.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 17 ends on November 30, 2017, so please try and get any new main program feature suggestions submitted before then.

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2018 02:50

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
UHD Bluray disc burning -- there needs to be a way to burn H264 and H265 4K video to Bluray discs (25, 50, 100 and 128GB) WITH MENUs. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Amen!!Long overdue

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 11:54

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
- Folders in media library

- More than one timeline

- More use of second monitor, maybe completely movable "subwindows"

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Spirit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2017 15:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

• Lossless Video/Audio Editing (Zero Quality Loss When Editing & Producing)

• Unlimited Number of Video/Audio Tracks

• Every Video & Audio Container Formats That Exist For Importing/Exporting

• Keyword Tag Media

• Trim Video Without Re-encoding

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 17:32

Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]

• Lossless Video/Audio Editing (Zero Quality Loss When Editing & Producing)

• Unlimited Number of Video/Audio Tracks

• Every Video & Audio Container Formats That Exist For Importing/Exporting

• Keyword Tag Media

• Trim Video Without Re-encoding

---------

Most of that came in PD14 already, like SVRT. 100 timeline tracks not enough?

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
[Post New]
I have to agree with Pekr.

My wish for PD17 is that the programmers in charge simply read and implement some of the requests for PD16 and even and the ones for PD15 and 14.

No chance of upgrading for me either, I couldn't care less about 360 video or some mild colour improvement. I think PD is really falling behind other editors now...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 02:23

PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]

My wish for PD17 is that the programmers in charge simply read and implement some of the requests for PD16 and even and the ones for PD15 and 14.

The requests you made here were for PowerDirector 17, not for 16. I don't think people read the fine print. The planning for version 16 ended 10 months ago. Plus with the sheer volume of suggestions, there is no way they would ever be able to get them all.

Having said that, for version 17 I hope to finally get audio scrubbing and more plug in features.

I am shooting more and more 360 video, so happy to see continued improvement with that in version 16!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 02:09

bosone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2014 05:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

• Folders in media library

Hatti

still a PD12 user here, and will upgrade to PD16 mainly for the action cam feature / lens correction.

but I'm surprised to see that there is still no folder implementation in media library after 4 version..

i think this is a very necessary feature so i really hope it will be implemented in PD17.
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Ultra HD Blu-ray: PD already has profiles for the creation of folder/disc structures compliant with:

• AVCHD – Version 1 and Version 2 (50/60p)

• Blu-Ray

Given that PD already produces HEVC/265 encoded content, could you also please add support for:

• Ultra HD Blu-Ray (Header 0300)

It will not take any additional CPU to create the folder structure or meta data for a 0300 compliant Ultra HD Blu-Ray structure. I note that Cyberlink is already a Ultra HD Blu-ray partner so you should already have access to the full spec for this format. Obviously, PDVD already supports this and the latest release of LIBBLURAY has added support for Ultra HD Blu-Ray to 3rd party players.

Lossless Audio: Related to the above, we have the ability to output high quality Video but seem to be restricted to lossey multi channel audio (eg DD 5.1). It would be nice to add at least LPCM 5.1 if not one of the "newer" codecs like DTS-HD MA (though I expect the royalties for DTS-HD MA would make this unattractive).

Thanks

Nathan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 07:51

PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
Jarek_1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2017 04:59 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Shortcut key to repeat last operation. If I change option on movie then I woul like to quickly repeat operation on secend clip.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

• Support for OpenFX

• Support for b/w video as mask

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2017 22:58

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

• Support for OpenFX

• Support for VST

• More than one Effect-Track or handling effects in a video track

Hatti

Hatti,

• both Wave Editor and AudioDirector support VST.

• In addition to the single FX track that is default, PD16 can add additional FX tracks. Also, you can layer as many as 7 FX directly onto a clip.

That answers at least part of your post. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Hatti
[Post New]

• Support for OpenFX

• Support for VST

• More than one Effect-Track or handling effects in a video track

Hatti

Hatti,

• both Wave Editor and AudioDirector support VST.

• In addition to the single FX track that is default, PD16 can add additional FX tracks. Also, you can layer as many as 7 FX directly onto a clip.

That answers at least part of your post.

You are right. My fault. I edit my post.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Hatti
[Post New]

• show used footage files in details view (like the green checkmark in Iconview)

• Keyboard shortcut for "Remove selected Timeline Marker" (Best would be toggeling by SHIFT-M)

I sometimes use the detailed view but there is not shown, whether the file is used in the timeline. I need that information, because i use many small audio clips.

I use a Contour Design ShuttlePROv2 for cutting and for a fluently cut I set a marker at "cut start" and a marker at "cut end". Afer that I jump to "previous marker" and "next marker" to see, if the frames are good for cutting. If not, I look for a better frame and set the marker there. But I have to remove the now unused marker with the right mouse click on it and choose the menu entry for removing it.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2017 14:43

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Igor-KIO [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Russia Joined: Mar 19, 2012 10:02 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Please add Russian to the program.The number of buyers will increase, as now many potential buyers are forced to use pirated versions, in which Russian is added.Yes, and in PD 16, you can add Russian localization.
rjohns75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2013 18:27 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to produce a separate file for each clip in the timeline using a single command. Today you can only produce one file at a time by selecting the range and then "produce range"

Why? I bring clips from sporting events into the timeline and edit them to remove footage that is not important. I would like to save each edited clip and delete the original footage with the excess content.

If I can't get the batch command requested above, it would be great to atleast be able to right click the clip in the timeline and select "produce" and have the format default to the original file format and location designated in settings

Robert
Hatti
[Post New]

• Color picker for all ColorChooser fields.

• Better german translation for effect dialogs, or no translation.

For the color picker, I use a workaround, provided by <span class="post_name">Carl312. But it would be much better, if there was a native color picker.
</span>

<span class="post_name">The german translation for the dialog elements of the effects is obviously done automatically and is so bad, that it is very hard to see, what is meant by that. I have to translate it to english literally to see, what is meant. Better, leave it english so you can at least use some Tutorials in Internet cool</span>

<span class="post_name">Hatti</span> Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
rjohns75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The ability to produce a separate file for each clip in the timeline using a single command. Today you can only produce one file at a time by selecting the range and then "produce range"

Why? I bring clips from sporting events into the timeline and edit them to remove footage that is not important. I would like to save each edited clip and delete the original footage with the excess content.

If I can't get the batch command requested above, it would be great to atleast be able to right click the clip in the timeline and select "produce" and have the format default to the original file format and location designated in settings

Robert

After spending 6 hours yesterday doing this manually, I feel the need to reply to my own post. I had to do this for 65 clips in the same timeline only to learn that when I highlighted each clip and then "Produced Range" it often grabbed a frame or two from the previous or following clip. I then had to repeat the entire process over again to exclude the extra frames. This wasn't caused by a glitch, the select range function just wasn't snaping to the begining and end of a single clip.

I will definitely purchase the next version if this is simplied or automated.

Robert
rjohns75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The ability to delete the gaps between multiple clips on the timeline with a single command.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2017 12:01