Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Down Conversion quality from AVCHD to DVD quality
rjohns75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2013 18:27 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I record basketball games using a Panasonic HDC TM55K camcorder on the highest AVCHD setting. The video results using PD is great. Sometimes I have to down convert the video to DVD quality so I can post it online so others can download it. Recently another person recorded the same game using a professional video camera and posted it online. The website we post to requires that both of us submit the video in DVD quality resolution to be accepted. For some reason, my video looks grainy compared to the video submitted by the other person even though they were in the same format and resolution. What are some of the possible reasons for this difference in quality? I’m wondering if it is a result of the down conversion software in PD.

Robert
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I watched THIS tutorial. It covers different file formats. The guy said something about using MPEG-2 for DVDs. You may want to take a look yourself since I didn't quite understand everything. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel