Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why does PD13 treat M2TS Files like Audio files?
rjohns75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2013 18:27 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I used PD13 to join M2TS files into a single movie using H.264 at 28 Mbps which is the same format as the original files. I later put the file for the movie I created into the timeling and PD13 would only let it be dropped in as an audio track. Outside of PD13 the movie playes fine. Any idea why PD only recognizes a video file that it created as an audio file?

Robert
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Description sounds like a known issue published several times on the forum. Sounds like you probably have a Nvidia card and used GPU encoding with a current driver. Until CL/Nvidia resolve, workaround is to use CPU encoding.

Try it and see if it corrects you audio only issue.

Jeff
rjohns75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,

Your reference to this being related to Nvidia helped me find one of the old post on this topic.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45534.page#235081

The movie that originally didn't work was 50 minutes long. I just tested the hardware/cpu encoding theory by rendering a 25 second clip using hardware and another using software encoding. I was surprised when PD13 recognized both files. I guess this issue is also dependent on the size of the file since the 50 minute movie encoded by hardware failed but the 25 second movie was fine.

Thanks for your assistance. This also explains why my rendering times have doubled. I was about to drop PD.

Robert
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I guess this issue is also dependent on the size of the file since the 50 minute movie encoded by hardware failed but the 25 second movie was fine.

Does not sound correct based on my experience. The audio only issue was very profile dependant, you sure you didn't change profile. A list of a few of the more common issues observed was here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45534.page#235333

Jeff
rjohns75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I'm certain that each file used different encoding.

The recommendation to revert to the 347.88 nvidia driver had a huge affect on the performance of PD13. I just switched to the older drive and everything is alot faster (loading files to the library, SVRT, moving to the produce screen, rendering, everything). I may actually remain a PD customer. By the way, I have a I7-3770, a Geforce GT 620 and running Windows 10.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2015 21:27