Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I believe my issue may have been resolved. tomasc, your mention of "hardware encoding" caught my attention in your response.

I think what I may have been doing differently that was causing me issues with the blur in my discs is that recently I believe i have been checking the "enable Hardware Video Encoder" box on the burn screen. Before I ran the MediaInfo as Jeff had suggested, i thought i would burn a disc with the box unchecked. Low and behold the disc burned perfectly with clear images, no motion blur.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of that setting is for and what the benefit of it is if any?

Actually there are some settings in the Hardware Acceleration and Produce preferences that I am unsure of whether or not I should be checking the boxes or not. I should probably start a new thread to address that.

Thanks for the help. I will burn a few more discs to make sure the issue is truly resolved.
Jeff,

Thanks very much for the reply. Im just not exactly sure how to do what you are asking.

Can you run down the steps?
Hello All,

Having an issue that just started a few months ago. Although my AVCHD produced videos render fine, when I burn them to DVD, with playback, Im getting significant motion blur on quick moving subjects or when the camera pans.

It is not the DVD player as older video that I created play fine.

I have never had this before. Everything burned perfectly for the past couple years and I have tried several different discs including the same batch of discs that I have used in the past with no issues.

Any Ideas?
I'm having the same problem in PD 11. Hope there is a solution soon.
Hello,

Having the same problem as oldscout as posted on April, 7, 2014. The video lags behind the audio in a produced AVCHD video by a half second or so. It is very noticeable when someone is speaking. As oldscout mentioned, the audio and video of the clip have not been split in the timeline where the problem manifests itself in the produced video.

The produced vids are about 2 minutes long and it doesn't seem to happen in the very beginning but more so as the video progresses. (It is actually in sync when played in the timeline workspace, only happens when produced). Producing AVCHD at 24mps. Used this program for over a year now and just noticed it happening about a month ago. All drivers and Quicktime are up to date.

I really hope I will be able to find a solution or this program will become unusable for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thank you, gentlemen for the input. Barry and Dave I will try your suggestions. Thanks again!
Thanks so much for confirming, Tony. Appreciate the video. I was just wondering if maybe i had a wrong setting or going about it the wrong way. I created a vid for a high school football team and need to burn 20 + disks in AVCHD so you can see why i was hoping that maybe i was missing something and that there was a quicker way! Looks like i'll be stuck near the computer for a while!! Lol

Thanks again.
Hello all,

Just a question regarding something I noticed and not sure if it is a result of me doing something wrong or not. I produced AVCHD video clips as MPEG-2 to play on a standard DVD player. When i burn them to multiple discs, there are the two progress bars, the one on top that says "authoring" and the one below that says "burning". The first disc i burn starts off utilizing the "authoring" bar. The authoring progress takes a bit of time to go through (about 20 minutes) but then after when it drops down to the "burning" bar it zips right along pretty quickly (burning speed set at 8x). It then will eject the finished disc and asks to insert the next disc. When i insert the next and click ok, it goes right to the "burning" progress bar and burns them very quickly. The discs play fine as I assume that was the normal process.

Where my question comes in is that when I produce it in AVCHD (HD) and burn multiple discs, the burning process starts off utilizing the authoring bar, which takes a good deal of time (about 20 minutes for a 14 minute long video) and finishes the disc there in "Authoring". IT NEVER DROPS DOWN TO THE BURNING BAR LIKE IT DOES WHILE BURNING THE MPEG DISCS. Any subsequent discs that i insert utilize the authoring bar and take just as long as the first one (burning speed is set at 8x). To burn multiple AVCHD discs takes forever (20 minutes each) where the MPEG discs takes some time to burn the first one but the rest zip right along. Is this normal?
Also, all discs play fine so there is no problem with the finished product, just questioning why the difference in burning the two.
Whew! I hope i explained myself clearly.
Thank you Tony! That worked!
Hello Everyone,

What is the best way to rotate/straighten a video that crooked. When I try to do this using "video Rotation" I end up with black lines/margins around the corner edges where the clip was rotated. Cropping the clip after rotating doesn't seem to help.
Thanks Jaime-esque !
Hello All,
I will be creating a video and burning discs for a high school football team. The video clips are all being shot in AVCHD. I will be creating disks in HD but my question is if it is possible to produce AVCHD to standard definition so i can burn disks for people who do not have blu ray players? The video is only going to be 6-7 minutes long so either way I will be using standard DVD's.
Thanks!
Thanks Cranston - That solved it !! The problem was that I could't see the "Fit" button. I had to scroll up with the little scroll bar to see it. Thanks again !
Hello Everyone

Would appreciate some help with a problem im having with my preview window during editing. In the past, the video in the preview window would always stay the same size whenever i changed the preview resolution using the button below the preview window. I must have messed up a setting somehow either in PD or in Windows where now the previewed video in the preview window changes sizes when i change the preview quality. For instance when i change it to HD Preview Resolution in gets very large and if I change it to Standard Preview Resolution it shrinks down to the size of a business card. ???????? I cant figure out what is wrong. Ay help would be appreciated. Thanks
FIrst of all I'd like to thank everyone here at the forum and all of the knowledge shared here as sometimes, especially as a newbie, this movie creating process can all be a little confusing.

I'm thankfully at the final stages of my 1hr. 20 min. movie but am very frustrated that when I burn to blu ray with a menu and play back in DVD player, it freezes in the menu (about 5-10 seconds in). The burning process seems to go ok, i get the message "burning successful" at the end of the process. Ive burned the movie without a menu and it plays back beautifully with absolutely no stuttering or freezing at all. Tried 3 different menu's but get the same thing. It's aggravating especially because I'm wasting expensive discs trying to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. (there are 7 chapters in the movie)
Thanks. Im concerned that I may not be importing the right portion of the file into Imgburn. Ive been importing the entire folder that was created when I burned to folder in PD. Is that correct or am I supposed to open it and only import certain folders within the main folder?
Thanks, Xerox. Do you think that may be the problem? It seems like the actual folders/files are being burned to the disk and not an actual movie. Problem is every time I try something and it fails, I lose a new disc.
Jim, thanks for responding. I don't see "DVD-Video " anywhere there. Where can I find to select?
Help!

I took the advice of many here in the forum and burned my AVCHD projects to a folder instead of directly to the disc using PD 11. When I try to burn to a disc using Imgburn, all appears to go well but then when I try to play the movie in the DVD player, it is reading them as Data Disks.
I'm brand new to Imgburn, but i've gone through all the steps found on mutiple websites on how to burn a video with Imgburn. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated!
Help!

I took the advice of many here in the forum and burned my AVCHD projects to a folder instead of directly to the disc using PD 11. When I try to burn to a disc using Imgburn, all appears to go well but then when I try to play the movie in the DVD player, it is reading them as Data Disks.
I'm brand new to Imgburn, but i've gone through all the steps found on mutiple websites on how to burn a video with Imgburn. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated!
Go to: