Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help!

I took the advice of many here in the forum and burned my AVCHD projects to a folder instead of directly to the disc using PD 11. When I try to burn to a disc using Imgburn, all appears to go well but then when I try to play the movie in the DVD player, it is reading them as Data Disks.
I'm brand new to Imgburn, but i've gone through all the steps found on mutiple websites on how to burn a video with Imgburn. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated!
Thanks for the reply Jaime-esque.

APU seems to be working out fine. Was a little unsure of how it would work out but i've had pretty good results with it so far. I do occasionally get some lag and stuttering during editing but usually only when utilizing a lot of effects and transitions. I've had some freeze up during rendering when using certain effects such as "continuous shooting" in conjunction with other effects and transitions but i was still able to work with it by removing the problem transition, producing it, then producing it gain with the problem transition. I don't know if that is an APU issue or a PD issue.
Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if you would end up getting a smoother, higher quality movie by disabling SVRT and the Hardware Video Encoder during production? I'm uncertain if these features end up giving you a better quality production or are they just to help save time in rendering? I dont mind waiting the extra time in rendering for a smoother production if thats the case. Also, are there preferred settings in preferences that are recommended to get the best results in production?

Working with AVCHD 1920x1080/60i 24 mbps

Thanks much!
Thanks to you all for your input. It is helpful
Thanks for ur responses.

I was interested in an internal unit but have also been looking at the external USB 3.0. Is there any certain features I should look for or are they all pretty much close in performance? Is cache important?
Am looking to purchase a Blu Ray burner primarily to burn 1-2 hours of AVCHD movies created on PD 11. Any suggestions on what to look for? Is cache important? Like to stay in 100 dollar range if possible.
Thanks
Jeff/Tony, thanks for the testing
Jeff, I produced five separate vids that will be part of one larger production. Each has photos, some substantially more than others but all were ending up under 19 Mbps with one as low as 14.48. They were all produced using SVRT @ 1920x1080/60i @ 24mbps not the 16mbps.
Xerox may have nailed it. The opening clip in all vids is a photo, some with magic motion and all with a title. I produced all of them again with 1920x1080/60i @ 24 mbps with SVRT DISABLED and now I am getting Bitrates in the low 20's ! The produced vid that was at 14.48 is now at 20.20.
Barry, it is a wedding video I'm producing so no there is no heavy action and the quality still looked good, but it raised my curiosity and a bit of concern.
Interesting thoughts, everyone. Appreciate it much!
Thanks for your responses. The photos I'm using are from a disk from the photographer. The photos are averaging around 1.8 MB. Not sure if that is considered low or not and if that would affect anything.

Tony, Im not so much disappointed in the finished quality as it is still seems quite good. Just alarmed and maybe a bit paranoid that I may have wrong settings or doing something wrong.

I did burn to disk to check quality on tv and had about 10 seconds of stuttering towards the end but that is perhaps another issue.

Have a couple questions. First, I produced a video that contained all AVCHD clips that were all at 24 Mbps. The video also contains some photos interspersed. I produced the video at the 24 Mbps rate (which was also selected by SVRT). The finished video ended up at 14.48 Mbps. Is this normal? I thought that it would have produced at the 24 Mbps. Is it the photos that caused this?

Second, what should I have the TV Format set at? I live in the US and my video camera shoots maximum 24 Mbps. Right now It's at NTSC 30 which I think is right.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks a bunch.
Thanks Much, CubbyHouseFilms! So your saying that within reason, you can never really go too high? So if I produce a movie with 16mbps and 24mbps clips and also photos, you're saying I should produce it at 24mbps? Forgot to mention, this is for Powerdirector 11 full version.
Hello All
I'm currently creating a wedding video which will include AVCHD video clips as well as photo slide shows incorporated into the movie. I'm just confused on which quality to use in production. The total movie is going to be over an hour long. I broke up the movie into 5 different sections with each being produced separately. In the end, I will combine all 5 productions in a new timeline to create the final movie. Two of those productions will consist of photo slide shows with music. I'm confused on what quality to produce the photo slide shows at. There is no SVRT info. The rest of the movie with most of the video clips will be produced at H.264 AVC 1920x1080/60i which is what it was produced by my video camera. Should I use the same quality for the slide shows? Hope this isn't a dumb question. Fairly new at HD editing.
Go to: