Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion Blur On Rendered DVD
[Post New]
Hello All,

Having an issue that just started a few months ago. Although my AVCHD produced videos render fine, when I burn them to DVD, with playback, Im getting significant motion blur on quick moving subjects or when the camera pans.

It is not the DVD player as older video that I created play fine.

I have never had this before. Everything burned perfectly for the past couple years and I have tried several different discs including the same batch of discs that I have used in the past with no issues.

Any Ideas? Djstills11

PD11 Ultra HP Pavillion P7-1126S
AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Integrated Radeon HD 7550 Graphics
14GB RAM Win 7 Home Prem. 64 Bit
Canon Vixia HF M500
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Since you were happy previously and have previous good discs, I'd open one of those discs with windows explorer and get the MediaInfo of this file in folder BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts It maybe that the encoding formats and/or bitrates have changed that's causing the issue. One can compare the MediaInfo of the same file on a motion blur disc.

Post the two MediaInfo text files so one can compare, that may shed some insight into your current issue.

Jeff
[Post New]
Jeff,

Thanks very much for the reply. Im just not exactly sure how to do what you are asking.

Can you run down the steps? Djstills11

AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Canon Vixia HF M500
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this link, Part J: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page . Jeff wants you to compare the information that you will obtain.

There will be differences, for example if you changed the video card, made different settings in your preferences, use hardware encoding, etc. What you want to do to to put things back the way it use to be a few months ago.

Let us know what you found.
[Post New]
I believe my issue may have been resolved. tomasc, your mention of "hardware encoding" caught my attention in your response.

I think what I may have been doing differently that was causing me issues with the blur in my discs is that recently I believe i have been checking the "enable Hardware Video Encoder" box on the burn screen. Before I ran the MediaInfo as Jeff had suggested, i thought i would burn a disc with the box unchecked. Low and behold the disc burned perfectly with clear images, no motion blur.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of that setting is for and what the benefit of it is if any?

Actually there are some settings in the Hardware Acceleration and Produce preferences that I am unsure of whether or not I should be checking the boxes or not. I should probably start a new thread to address that.

Thanks for the help. I will burn a few more discs to make sure the issue is truly resolved. Djstills11

AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Canon Vixia HF M500