Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning PD 11 Movies in Imgburn
[Post New]
Help!

I took the advice of many here in the forum and burned my AVCHD projects to a folder instead of directly to the disc using PD 11. When I try to burn to a disc using Imgburn, all appears to go well but then when I try to play the movie in the DVD player, it is reading them as Data Disks.
I'm brand new to Imgburn, but i've gone through all the steps found on mutiple websites on how to burn a video with Imgburn. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated! Djstills11

PD11 Ultra HP Pavillion P7-1126S
AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Integrated Radeon HD 7550 Graphics
14GB RAM Win 7 Home Prem. 64 Bit
Canon Vixia HF M500
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
One requirement for AVCHD (and Blu-ray) discs is that the disc file system has to be UDF and the file revision has to be 2.5. You set those in Image Burn on the Options tab. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
Thanks, Xerox. Do you think that may be the problem? It seems like the actual folders/files are being burned to the disk and not an actual movie. Problem is every time I try something and it fails, I lose a new disc. Djstills11

AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Canon Vixia HF M500
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
That could be your problem. Also, make sure the video files are in a folder named video_ts __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Thanks. Im concerned that I may not be importing the right portion of the file into Imgburn. Ive been importing the entire folder that was created when I burned to folder in PD. Is that correct or am I supposed to open it and only import certain folders within the main folder?
Djstills11

AMD A8-3800 APU 2.7 GHZ
Canon Vixia HF M500
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You do need the whole folder. It should be named video_ts and may have several files with extension vob, ifo and bup. You may not have them all. I can't remember exactly which ones PD creates, but at least the VOB files. As mentioned, burn this in UDF format. If you use ISO format, some players will still play it and most will think it is a data disc. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
AVCHD discs do not have Video_TS folders, they have a BDMV folder. The BDMV folder is the folder that needs to appear on your disc. Inside that folder is rest of everything else you need.

What you should have done from the beginning is burn to an actual disc. Then if you need additional copies later, you can use Image Burn to create an IMG file (image file) from the disc. Then in another session of Image Burn you burn discs from the image file.

Correction: Image Burn will create a BIN file, not an IMG file. An IMG file is the wrong format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2013 03:29

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
I'm reporting my experience with PowerDirector 10 and ImgBurn 2.5.7 running under Windows 7 Pro x64.

When you use PowerDirector to burn to an AVCHD folder you will get the folder structure

NameYouGiveToBurnedVideo
---My Video
------BDMV
---------BACKUP
---------CLIPINF
---------PLAYLIST
---------STREAM

Note that Powerdirector inserts the intermediary folder My Video under whatever name you told it to use for your output folder.

Point ImgBurn at the My Video folder, not at the NameYouGiveToBurnedVideo. ImgBurn only looks one level down for the content folders.

If ImgBurn is set to burn a DVD when you point it to an AVCHD or Blu-Ray folder output by PowerDirector, then ImgBurn will display a message "Your image contains a 'BDMV' folder in the root directory so I'm going to assume it's a Blu-ray Video disc.
Would you like me to adjust the setting for you?

Click Yes and ImgBurn will proceed in an obvious way.

You then burn an AVCHD DVD disc.

Note that the AVCHD DVD disc will play only in a Blu-Ray player, not in a standard DVD player.

Note that you do not need to tell ImgBurn what kind of disc you are burning. It figures that out from the folder structure. If your next project is a standard DVD and you point ImgBurn at a standard DVD folder created by PowerDirector and ImgBurn is set to burn a Blu-Ray or AVCHD, then ImgBurn will warn you about that situation and offer to change its settings back to DVD. ImgBurn is very forgiving, which is what makes it possible for me to use it.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The structure of a BluRay Video Disk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Software_standards

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
This is not a forum for discussing rival (free or otherwise) 3rd party software. Power2Go is CyberLink's disc burning software.
Forum Moderator