Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink Power Director 7 And New Camcorder
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all I have been using my Panasonic SDR-H60 with Power Director
for some time and now I am thinking of buying a new camcorder
My panasonic is a HardDrive and the models that I am looking at use tape,
like the Canon XM2. Can I use this type with my PowerDirector,and if so would there be any problem.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

Whilst you would not have any issues with a tape drive camcorder with PD7, you should consider the benefits of camcorders that use memory cards as the recording media, tape drive systems are being phased out by most manufacturers and will probably disappear within a few years.

You can only transfer tape to your computer in real time, ie, a 1 hour tape will take 1 hour to transfer, whereas with a memory card, transfer to computer would be completed in minutes.

Have a read of the information provided in the following link

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/video-primer.shtml

This link was provided to me by Adrian (vn800rider)

Review all camera types before making your final decision

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots