Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hard drive V Mini dv tape
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, at the moment I use a panasoniv SDR-H60 which has a hard drive
and downloads individual clips to my computer to be opened up with
PowerDirector and edited with fades, transitions ect. quite easily because of the individual clips. Now what happens with a camcorder that use's tape as per the Canon Xh-A1 (Mini Dv Tape) does it download as a continuos length? if so how do you get fades into it how are scenes moved about?
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
You can upload the entire tape at once and perform a scene detection to separate individual clips.

I prefer to upload sections in 15 minute intervals to keep the files more manageable. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

Also view the Batch Capture tutorial, which should also help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9lv3TR9hYs

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your replies, at the risk of sounding thick please let me go over a few points to see if I am on the right track.
Firstly I download the tape to Cyberlink, Let's say I download fifteen minuets worth, When this is added to the video track is it possible to cut at certain places and insert fades/ transitions etc. Also is it possible to repeat a part to have it appear more than once (as with the sinlge clips from hard drive its just a matter of dragging onto the video track as many times as one likes)
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Yes to all of the above. You may do a scene detection even before you add the video to the timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2009 09:42

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many Thanks................Pete.