Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Length of produced film.
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, I spend a lot of time editing a film and producing it the way that I want it, with fades,music etc.Only to find that it is to long to burn to disc. Is there a way of knowing the length of a film before burning to disc? or what is the standard length................Pete.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Pete,

I assume you are trying to create a DVD? If so the following might help.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6158.page

Jeff
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry I might be a bit slow but I still dont quite understand?
I have a Rewritable dvd 120 mins 4.7gb
The length of the film i want to burn is 33mins 2123mb
When I try to burn the disc I get a message on PowerDirector that says.
The size of the imported files exceeds the amount of available hard disc space. Free disc space 1228mb Please modify the export directory in the preference dialog. !!!
[Post New]
Peter -
PD7 THINKS you are trying to create a file on your hard drive... not on a DVD. That's why you're getting that message.

Try this...
1. Complete project is on the timeline. Check.

2. Click "Create Disc" (top right button, centre of screen). Check.

3. Look at bottom left of new screen, near the disc icon. It should say something like 2123MB / 4700MB or 2.1GB / 4.7GB. That shows how much space it will use on the DVD. Check.

4. The next step would probably be fixing your menu, but that's a different question.

5. Assuming you don't want a menu, check "Create a disc without a menu". Check.

6. Click "Burn" and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps...

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The message can be generated when there is insufficient processing room on the hard drive to store the data as temp files when writing to a removable disc drive.

Basically, please tell us what space is available on your Hard Drives - note it's drives?

1. C drive is?
2. Source of video drive is?

Dafydd

ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, This is the information I get when I go onto my computers C drive
Used Space 55.829,692,416 bytes 51.9GB
Free Space 1,289,125,888 bytes 1.20GB
Disc Capacity 57,118,818,304 bytes 53GB

Hope this helps I am not that up on the workings of computers
Just get by knowing how to operate what I need to..............Pete.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You don't have sufficient room/processing space on your hard drive. You will not be able to create a DVD until you have at least 2x and I prefer 3x the DVD write space.

Delete some unwanted stuff on C drive. A lot of unwanted stuff to make room. 15GB of it in fact!

To save the data - get yourself a portable hard drive (usb2 + power supply Hard drive)

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2009 15:10

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete,

Do you plan on making regular use of PD? If so I would consider getting a larger hard drive. Disk space is cheap right now. I recently got a new 1 TB disk for $95 US. I'm not saying you need one that large, but getting one about 10x larger than what you currently use will do a world of good if you plan on storing video on your computer.

As Dafydd said, a portable drive would also be useful and also the easiest way to solve your problem. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT