Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Camcorder
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I am thinking of buying a new camcorder, At the moment I have a hard drive model but the one I am looking to buy will be mini tape, possibly Canon XM2. At the moment when I load my hard drive down to PowerDirector I get the individual clips which I assemble into a full length film, how will this differ with tape? will I still be able to use all the editing aids IE fade's transitions,spliting of sound ect.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
You will be able to do everything in PD that you could do with your HD based camera. With older tape cameras you had to capture the video in real time by connecting the video and audio outputs to the computer (or capture card/device). Newer tape cameras use firewire. If you go with firewire make sure you read the posts concerning damage which can occur to the camera from firewire.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7142.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2009 08:58

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT