Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Whats Happened!!!!!!!!!
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, all of a sudden when I try to play a dvd that I have just burned
with PD I get the following message...........
.........'Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD Decoder is not installed on your computer??
I dont know whats happened and how to sort it out.........Pete
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Hi Pete,

Has it just happened or has anything on the system changed?

The message is usually because WMP hasn't got the right DVD codec but if it's been working before .......??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian, Yes it has just happened!!!!
Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2009 21:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete, I have had pretty much the same thing happen to me and tracked the problem down to dell pc tune up. the new version has a registry cleaner that was taking out things it shouldn't have. I ran into the same problem using another type of registry cleaner that i had bought on;line from pctools, if you are running those check them out.I have had problems with both of them and they both messed up wmp.
Good Luck
Bruce
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, it sounds like a video codec somehow got lost. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
ziggylulu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there anyway of rectifing the problem I have done a system restore to no avail I have also downloaded a free codec product but it comes with a load of rubbish.
Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2009 21:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi Peter, the only solution that i found was removing the program ...dell pc tune up in my case. then reloading windows the program had damaged so many programs besides windows media player that a total redo was the only thing for me... I didn't have the time needed to go and find all the individual problems . this is on a 4 month old pc running vista

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2009 14:28