Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Sounds like you've made a lot of progress đź‘Ť

To find the location of most any media library clip, right click on it and choose View Properties or hover over it with the cursor and a pop-up message should show the location.

That would be wayy to easy! I get a basic right menu of download (grayed out) or Delete. See screenshot.

If i go up tothe area menu and selects "list" I get the "parameter does not exist" diaog. See screenshot. These are sound effects and clips from Cyberlink's database.

Weird, huh?
Quote Thanks for the new info and for the DxDiag results. I think we can resolve most of theses issues straight away now:

1. To clear the start-up message about a temporary project, simply reopen an existing project and set PD to automatically load the last project from the Preferences | Project menu, then close PD. When you reopen it, the project you had just reopened should load and there will be no more messages unless PD crashes without being closed properly.

2. Your nVidia driver is almost 1.5 years out of date and it has been causing lots of problems as shown in the final sections of the DxDiag report. Please follow the steps in this post to perform a clean install of the latest driver (this is a newer version than when I posted). You may also want to run the commands shown in my post to verify that Windows itself isn't damaged.

3. The downloaded file location is typically Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files and there are audio, image and video subfolders there that will contain the downloaded content. With PD closed, you're free to delete any unwanted clips.

1. I was ablt to install the (current) stand alone driver only. Boom!

2. Cmd promt [sfc /scannow] found issues and repaired them- I'mnot sure what all it fixed, looks like there were serveal of these issues: Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice ...

3. Second cmd scan [dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth] feature found nothing amiss. Boom!

4. I can't locate the downloaded media files - I've searched in both broad and narrow terms. I wonder if those are files I downloaded from PD15 and maybe they have a non common audio file extension? I did find 3 shutterstock auido files in the directory you cited. Remember - those files in my origional post are all (but 3) downloads from Cyberlink's liabary not Shutterstock.

5. having PD open the previous project on start up does not prevent the 'found old files' dilog box.

Thanks again for all the help!
Quote PD15 and 19/365 are different products and have a whole lot of different internal code, so comparing them only gives us limited info. It would be more helpful to see your system's DxDiag report, which can be generated and attached by following these steps.

Please also follow the steps I suggested in my last post so we can see what's going on with your video clips.

Here's my DXDiag, also appoligies for misnaming ShutterSTOCK, ha! I've had it in my head all along it was Shuttershack?! yell

A few items - I've been getting this message every time I start PD365. Now I just choose 'no', but it never goes away. I've said 'yes and then saved the project, but the dialog box returns next time PD365 is opened. I've deleted all the temp files via the menu in PD options with no effect.

So far I've not been able to locate the folder that houses the downloaded media files from the screen shot in my origional post - any idea where those are hiding?

Thanks very much!

It's back. I was able to produce another project, and somewhere in the middle of producing another one, PD shut down. cry

If I use my stand alone PD15, I have no issues producing projects.

"BO by Mouth" - is (as are all of those music clips) shown are cyberlink downloads.

BTW - NONE of those clips were being used in the clip I was making. I was just trying to navagte it and change the folder listing to 'list'. Accessing Shuttershack had the exact same effect (parameter issue).

I uninstalled, shut down and reinstalled PD365 and was able to produce the move. If the issue comes back, I'll report back.

Thanks for the help one and all.

It's back. I was able to produce another project, and somewhere in the middle of producing another one, PD shut down. cry
Quote All of these issues are related to the problem you described in your original post, and from the looks of the screenshot the problem may be with the "Bo" by mouth clip. This has nothing to do with Shutterstock.

It's possible that your music clips aren't fully compatible with PD.

You can drag one onto the MediaInfo webpage then save and attach the text details, or you can attach it like the screenshots if it's smaller than 10MB so other members can test it. Upload the clip to OneDrive or Google Drive if the lip is larger than that and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more info.

There may also be an issue with your video clips, and the MediaInfo details or sharing one here would be helpful.

"BO by Mouth" - is (as are all of those music clips) shown are cyberlink downloads.

BTW - NONE of those clips were being used in the clip I was making. I was just trying to navagte it and change the folder listing to 'list'. Accessing Shuttershack had the exact same effect (parameter issue).

I uninstalled, shut down and reinstalled PD365 and was able to produce the move. If the issue comes back, I'll report back.

Thanks for the help one and all.

I tried to produce my movie, and about a third of the way though, Power Director shuts down!

Never had these issues unitl the update.

Just made another attempt to produce the movie - and it shuts down around the 97-99% percent complete area.
Quote Keep getting this error when trying to navagate away from the music clip secion or shuttershack. I can's go back to my basic meda tab that has my current imported media. Almost all menu selections give me this error once I go to music clips or shuttershack. I have avoided shuttershack - it just doesn't integrate well. I end up having to quit and re-start - but as soon as I try to acess music clips, this happens again. Grrrr..

I tried to produce my movie, and about a third of the way though, Power Director shuts down!

Never had these issues unitl the update.
Keep getting this error when trying to navagate away from the music clip secion or shuttershack. I can's go back to my basic meda tab that has my current imported media. Almost all menu selections give me this error once I go to music clips or shuttershack. I have avoided shuttershack - it just doesn't integrate well. I end up having to quit and re-start - but as soon as I try to acess music clips, this happens again. Grrrr..
I've wanted to do tha same thing. One thing I've noticed since the addition of shutterstock is that PD 365 hangs up (unresponsive) for brief periods - this was never an issue before it was added. I was hoping the last update would resove this issue - but no.

Anyone else have this experience too?
I'm not finding any previous threads with this issue. I'm unable to use PhD 365 or PD365 when my VPN is active - the program says there's no internet.

Any advice?

Thanks
4. Copy the whole "CSE" folder to a personal folder for data backup purpose in advance. The "CSE" folder is located at:
-- C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\CSE
5. Delete the original "CSE" folder at the above location.

And what does one now do with the relocated "CSE" Folder?

Here's my barn,

HA! Looking at that 'super crop' blow up, I see i can still tidy it up some!
Quote Wow. WOW!

Impressive, thank you for the help and guide. This did just what I was wanting, and what a result. I can see I've nt been using phD in the fashon I shouldhave all along - having had phD7 for a long time, and just now upgrading.

Thanks you both very, very much! BTW - I was wanting to add the overlay to a existing barn photo to be used as a backdrop for a info slide.

Thanks again!

Here's my barn,
Wow. WOW!

Impressive, thank you for the help and guide. This did just what I was wanting, and what a result. I can see I've nt been using phD in the fashon I shouldhave all along - having had phD7 for a long time, and just now upgrading.

Thanks you both very, very much! BTW - I was wanting to add the overlay to a existing barn photo to be used as a backdrop for a info slide.

Thanks again!

I'm using 365 ultra- which is 11 mostly?

Anyway - that does not quite do what I'm trying to do. Maybe this illistration will help. My gaol is to take a photo like on the left, and shape it like on the right.

Thoughts? Well - it's giving me a 404 forbidden message when I try to attatch a .jpg. So I'll try this - Notice how the vertical ends are of differing hights?

|
| |
| |
| |
|

That didn't post the same way it formatted - so think of it as one end of the photo have a 3 inch hight, and the other end having a 2 inch hight, so the effect is that the photo is small on one ned vs the opposite end.

A trapezoid!
Quote You just need to use the Keystone tool. I'm not sure which version you're using, but in PhD11, it's on the Adjustment tab, Manual, Global Adjustment Tools.

You can always click on the "?" at the top right of the app window to pull up the detailed Help webpage, and you can browse through the contents or search for relevant words.

I'm using 365 ultra- which is 11 mostly?

Anyway - that does not quite do what I'm trying to do. Maybe this illistration will help. My gaol is to take a photo like on the left, and shape it like on the right.

Thoughts? Well - it's giving me a 404 forbidden message when I try to attatch a .jpg. So I'll try this - Notice how the vertical ends are of differing hights?

|
| |
| |
| |
|
This seems straight forward enough - but can't figure out how this is done. I've looked through topics and watched a few tutorials.

I'm wanting to take a rectangular photo and fit it onto the side of a barn. To do that cleanly - the photo need to be verticaly shorter on the right side and taller on the left side. I find even if I 'unlock' aspect ratio, i can only crop in a linear fashon with with eirther the vertical or horziontal edges of the photo.

Thanks
Thanks so much, one and all. I knew it was common, I just wasn't looking in the right place - or with the correct terms.

Much apreciated!!
I'm looking for what I think is a common effect.

In a video clip, when the subject smiles, I've inseted a sound effect (DING!) and I want to have a bright flash or star, etc coincide with the smail and ding show at the subjects teeth - for a comedy relief.

The best I've found is the "Magic Star" from Fx. And this works, but is not quite what I'd like. I'm looking for more of a singular effect - that's bright enough to be noticed. The Magic Star almost looks like a halo - which is ok - could be an issue or give a different connotation if the person is deceased, etc.

So I'm looking for a bright burst, like a star - that i can focus on a white smile. Here's what I have now.

Thanks!
Hello. I can find music bits in Director Zone - and those can be previewed before downloading - but when I do download, it gives me a blurb about upgrading to 365 - which i have. undecided

Using the media content feature (music) it lists lots of sounds - but no preview?!

Lastly, do I need to save files downloaded from the Director Zone into a folder for future use - or are they saved and will they show up as available on future projects.

And unloading the truck - Application manager just spins its wheel looking for media updates . .

EDIT: Music clip answer found. In PD, when you highlight a music clip, the player to the right will play a sample if you hot the play buttom. Clips appear to be saved to audio downloads.
Go to: