Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Turn off Shutterstock feature?
Elba [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2020 16:24 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I don't want to have the Shutterstock media on my media library. Is there a way to turn that off?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2020 12:59

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I don't want to have the Shutterstock media on my media library. Is there a way to turn that off?

Hi,

At first glance, I can't see any user defined option to turn off the Shutterstock icon. Perhaps other members might come up with a method after exploring the new release further?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I also haven't found any way to disable the new icon, and there aren't any new settings in the Preferences menu related to it either.

I imagine that CL wants to make the clips easy to download, as many people will want to access Shutterstock clips and that's a significant part of the new software release.

Even though we're talking about a single icon, and not any actual content (unless you choose to download some), you can let them know that you'd like the option to hide the icon by going to File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2020 12:45

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BlaydEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2017 17:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Want to send a hearty thumbs up and tremendous "thank you" for making the Shutterstock content available to us. It's an incredible aditional resource next to all the other great content you provide! laughing
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not aware of a way to remove it. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
I've wanted to do tha same thing. One thing I've noticed since the addition of shutterstock is that PD 365 hangs up (unresponsive) for brief periods - this was never an issue before it was added. I was hoping the last update would resove this issue - but no.

Anyone else have this experience too?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2020 13:23

OveDe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2013 08:31 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Want to send a hearty thumbs up and tremendous "thank you" for making the Shutterstock content available to us. It's an incredible aditional resource next to all the other great content you provide! laughing

Perhaps, but it should not be compulsary to have the icon in your library!
(I am quoted as a newbie. Yes maybe to this forum, but I have been working with PowerDirector since 2012.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2020 11:08