Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'the parameter does not exist - when navagating menu
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Keep getting this error when trying to navagate away from the music clip secion or shuttershack. I can's go back to my basic meda tab that has my current imported media. Almost all menu selections give me this error once I go to music clips or shuttershack. I have avoided shuttershack - it just doesn't integrate well. I end up having to quit and re-start - but as soon as I try to acess music clips, this happens again. Grrrr..
[Thumb - Screenshot (104)sm.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (104)sm.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2020 19:19

David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Keep getting this error when trying to navagate away from the music clip secion or shuttershack. I can's go back to my basic meda tab that has my current imported media. Almost all menu selections give me this error once I go to music clips or shuttershack. I have avoided shuttershack - it just doesn't integrate well. I end up having to quit and re-start - but as soon as I try to acess music clips, this happens again. Grrrr..

I tried to produce my movie, and about a third of the way though, Power Director shuts down!

Never had these issues unitl the update.
[Thumb - Screenshot (105).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (105).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]

I tried to produce my movie, and about a third of the way though, Power Director shuts down!

Never had these issues unitl the update.

Just made another attempt to produce the movie - and it shuts down around the 97-99% percent complete area.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It could be that some of your music clips have been corrupted on your hard drive or there is a file access issue. Maybe try removing all the currently downloaded clips and then re-downloading to try again.

If it's not that, then check the antivirus security software for a file access issue. Uninstall the antivirus program temporarily or just disable the real-time protection services. This might help sort out if the issue is caused by some critical security related issue.

If none of that helps, contact CyberLink CS: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All of these issues are related to the problem you described in your original post, and from the looks of the screenshot the problem may be with the "Bo" by mouth clip. This has nothing to do with Shutterstock.

It's possible that your music clips aren't fully compatible with PD.

You can drag one onto the MediaInfo webpage then save and attach the text details, or you can attach it like the screenshots if it's smaller than 10MB so other members can test it. Upload the clip to OneDrive or Google Drive if the lip is larger than that and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more info.

There may also be an issue with your video clips, and the MediaInfo details or sharing one here would be helpful.
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote All of these issues are related to the problem you described in your original post, and from the looks of the screenshot the problem may be with the "Bo" by mouth clip. This has nothing to do with Shutterstock.

It's possible that your music clips aren't fully compatible with PD.

You can drag one onto the MediaInfo webpage then save and attach the text details, or you can attach it like the screenshots if it's smaller than 10MB so other members can test it. Upload the clip to OneDrive or Google Drive if the lip is larger than that and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more info.

There may also be an issue with your video clips, and the MediaInfo details or sharing one here would be helpful.

"BO by Mouth" - is (as are all of those music clips) shown are cyberlink downloads.

BTW - NONE of those clips were being used in the clip I was making. I was just trying to navagte it and change the folder listing to 'list'. Accessing Shuttershack had the exact same effect (parameter issue).

I uninstalled, shut down and reinstalled PD365 and was able to produce the move. If the issue comes back, I'll report back.

Thanks for the help one and all.
[Thumb - Screenshot (106).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (106).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
280 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]

"BO by Mouth" - is (as are all of those music clips) shown are cyberlink downloads.

BTW - NONE of those clips were being used in the clip I was making. I was just trying to navagte it and change the folder listing to 'list'. Accessing Shuttershack had the exact same effect (parameter issue).

I uninstalled, shut down and reinstalled PD365 and was able to produce the move. If the issue comes back, I'll report back.

Thanks for the help one and all.

It's back. I was able to produce another project, and somewhere in the middle of producing another one, PD shut down. cry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2020 01:28

David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]

It's back. I was able to produce another project, and somewhere in the middle of producing another one, PD shut down. cry

If I use my stand alone PD15, I have no issues producing projects.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD15 and 19/365 are different products and have a whole lot of different internal code, so comparing them only gives us limited info. It would be more helpful to see your system's DxDiag report, which can be generated and attached by following these steps.

Please also follow the steps I suggested in my last post so we can see what's going on with your video clips.
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD15 and 19/365 are different products and have a whole lot of different internal code, so comparing them only gives us limited info. It would be more helpful to see your system's DxDiag report, which can be generated and attached by following these steps.

Please also follow the steps I suggested in my last post so we can see what's going on with your video clips.

Here's my DXDiag, also appoligies for misnaming ShutterSTOCK, ha! I've had it in my head all along it was Shuttershack?! yell

A few items - I've been getting this message every time I start PD365. Now I just choose 'no', but it never goes away. I've said 'yes and then saved the project, but the dialog box returns next time PD365 is opened. I've deleted all the temp files via the menu in PD options with no effect.

So far I've not been able to locate the folder that houses the downloaded media files from the screen shot in my origional post - any idea where those are hiding?

Thanks very much!
[Thumb - Screenshot (1).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (1).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag dec 2020.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the new info and for the DxDiag results. I think we can resolve most of theses issues straight away now:

1. To clear the start-up message about a temporary project, simply reopen an existing project and set PD to automatically load the last project from the Preferences | Project menu, then close PD. When you reopen it, the project you had just reopened should load and there will be no more messages unless PD crashes without being closed properly.

2. Your nVidia driver is almost 1.5 years out of date and it has been causing lots of problems as shown in the final sections of the DxDiag report. Please follow the steps in this post to perform a clean install of the latest driver (this is a newer version than when I posted). You may also want to run the commands shown in my post to verify that Windows itself isn't damaged.

3. The downloaded file location is typically Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files and there are audio, image and video subfolders there that will contain the downloaded content. With PD closed, you're free to delete any unwanted clips.

David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the new info and for the DxDiag results. I think we can resolve most of theses issues straight away now:

1. To clear the start-up message about a temporary project, simply reopen an existing project and set PD to automatically load the last project from the Preferences | Project menu, then close PD. When you reopen it, the project you had just reopened should load and there will be no more messages unless PD crashes without being closed properly.

2. Your nVidia driver is almost 1.5 years out of date and it has been causing lots of problems as shown in the final sections of the DxDiag report. Please follow the steps in this post to perform a clean install of the latest driver (this is a newer version than when I posted). You may also want to run the commands shown in my post to verify that Windows itself isn't damaged.

3. The downloaded file location is typically Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files and there are audio, image and video subfolders there that will contain the downloaded content. With PD closed, you're free to delete any unwanted clips.

1. I was ablt to install the (current) stand alone driver only. Boom!

2. Cmd promt [sfc /scannow] found issues and repaired them- I'mnot sure what all it fixed, looks like there were serveal of these issues: Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice ...

3. Second cmd scan [dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth] feature found nothing amiss. Boom!

4. I can't locate the downloaded media files - I've searched in both broad and narrow terms. I wonder if those are files I downloaded from PD15 and maybe they have a non common audio file extension? I did find 3 shutterstock auido files in the directory you cited. Remember - those files in my origional post are all (but 3) downloads from Cyberlink's liabary not Shutterstock.

5. having PD open the previous project on start up does not prevent the 'found old files' dilog box.

Thanks again for all the help!
optodata
[Post New]
Sounds like you've made a lot of progress đź‘Ť

To find the location of most any media library clip, right click on it and choose View Properties or hover over it with the cursor and a pop-up message should show the location.
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like you've made a lot of progress đź‘Ť

To find the location of most any media library clip, right click on it and choose View Properties or hover over it with the cursor and a pop-up message should show the location.

That would be wayy to easy! I get a basic right menu of download (grayed out) or Delete. See screenshot.

If i go up tothe area menu and selects "list" I get the "parameter does not exist" diaog. See screenshot. These are sound effects and clips from Cyberlink's database.

Weird, huh?
[Thumb - Screenshot (3).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (3).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
171 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (4).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (4).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]

That would be wayy to easy! I get a basic right menu of download (grayed out) or Delete. See screenshot.

If i go up tothe area menu and selects "list" I get the "parameter does not exist" diaog. See screenshot. These are sound effects and clips from Cyberlink's database.

Weird, huh?

When I select "downloaded" from the nenu highlighted on the left in the screenshot, 5 or so files show up and then a diaog "importing media' , when that closes it populates with the rest of the audio clips. Screenshot. So they must be compressed or in some other file structure/extension?
[Thumb - Screenshot (6).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (6).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
134 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2020 21:39

optodata
[Post New]
No, there's no compression/decompression but it takes time for PD to populate the clips each time. You might want to try uninstalling PD and then reinstalling it to see if that helps.

I saw your PM about other issues with your system, and you may want to try the Reset this PC proocedure while leaving your installed programs intact.

If you're up for doing a clean install, that's the best way to be sure that everything is in top condition.

It generally takes me several hours spaced out over about a half day to get a clean build up and running. I recommend that you make a system backup now so you can return to this exact setup if anything goes wrong. EaseUS Todo Home and Macrium Reflect have free versions that will do that.

You should uninstall PD first to clear CL's record of it being installed to free up the license for your clean install, and make sure you have all the installers handy for all of your other important apps.