Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video effect help, looking for ideas
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
I'm looking for what I think is a common effect.

In a video clip, when the subject smiles, I've inseted a sound effect (DING!) and I want to have a bright flash or star, etc coincide with the smail and ding show at the subjects teeth - for a comedy relief.

The best I've found is the "Magic Star" from Fx. And this works, but is not quite what I'd like. I'm looking for more of a singular effect - that's bright enough to be noticed. The Magic Star almost looks like a halo - which is ok - could be an issue or give a different connotation if the person is deceased, etc.

So I'm looking for a bright burst, like a star - that i can focus on a white smile. Here's what I have now.

Thanks!
[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
434 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - SnapShot 2.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
443 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm looking for what I think is a common effect.

In a video clip, when the subject smiles, I've inseted a sound effect (DING!) and I want to have a bright flash or star, etc coincide with the smail and ding show at the subjects teeth - for a comedy relief.

The best I've found is the "Magic Star" from Fx. And this works, but is not quite what I'd like. I'm looking for more of a singular effect - that's bright enough to be noticed. The Magic Star almost looks like a halo - which is ok - could be an issue or give a different connotation if the person is deceased, etc.

So I'm looking for a bright burst, like a star - that i can focus on a white smile. Here's what I have now.

Thanks!

It can be done by creating or modifying a particle effect, it will take time and patience to learn.
Find a bright star with a transparent background add and use the animation tools.
Another easy way, find a shiny star made for use with Chroma key XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In the particle room try Flash of Light in your videos. Teeth Sparkle by Tony is available in the DirectorZone. Do a search for Sparkle there and you’ll find tons of them that can be downloaded and used.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have actually done this to warn people that a pet might grab thier oral appliance and chew it up.
Just go to Google images and find a star or similar with transparent background.
Keyframe it to go from nothing to a size that is appropriate, with a little spin to it, then just as quickly it's gone. Couple that with the correct DINNNG, and you're done. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed searching the internet or even search youtube for green screen brust animations, maybe there is one of your liking.
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much, one and all. I knew it was common, I just wasn't looking in the right place - or with the correct terms.

Much apreciated!!