Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello. I can find music bits in Director Zone - and those can be previewed before downloading - but when I do download, it gives me a blurb about upgrading to 365 - which i have. undecided

Using the media content feature (music) it lists lots of sounds - but no preview?!

Lastly, do I need to save files downloaded from the Director Zone into a folder for future use - or are they saved and will they show up as available on future projects.

And unloading the truck - Application manager just spins its wheel looking for media updates . .

EDIT: Music clip answer found. In PD, when you highlight a music clip, the player to the right will play a sample if you hot the play buttom. Clips appear to be saved to audio downloads.

Maybe I'm not explaining the situation well, or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

When PD produces a video, that is a completely new clip and doesn't have any trace of the GoPro clips metadata. There's no exposure, location, f-stop, shutter speed, anything when PD is the "created by" app, so there's nothing for other apps to find. That's why you have to do all your processing of the original clip before bringing it in to PD for editing.

Thanks, I misunderstood your first response. We're on the same page! Thanks!
Quote I'm not familiar with the other apps you mention, but to be clear, PD doesn't erase anything. Your original clips are untouched, but the produced video doesn't have any metadata from your source clips, so there's no GPS info.

To let Cyberlink know that you'd like to see that kind of functionality added, you can use Rate US & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

Thanks, I'll do that.

I've run a GoPro video through PD - with edits. Then taken that video and in the GoPro and Dashware programs both didn't find any meta data info on the edited clip. So... I then reversed my actions; taking the origional GoPro clip and running it through the GoPro Program to add the gauges from the Meta data to the video, then that processed video into PD and made my edits. So ther was meta data in the origional clip.

IF PD doesn't remove anything, then it comes down the the GoPro program not recognizing something from the PD processed video I'd guess.
A helpful addition to Power Director would be if Power Director could extract and over lay GPS data from GoPro cameras - like Dashware, exc does. cool

OR is power Director wouldn't earese that data when doing edits. If I take a GoPro video and edit it, then run it through Dashware or GoPro's qwik program, PD erases the GPS data when it proceses the edits.

So Now I have to firstly run the unedited video through dashware or Qwick to have it overlay the gauges using the GPS data, then take that video and inport it into PowerDirector and do my edits.

Dashware and Qwick are pretty lame and very S-L-O-W...

A little help?
Quote What flavor is your P2G? P2G 13 will both import and export Flac files. Of course, P2G will import the disc files unless the disc is somehow protected. Have you looked at the help files?

I guess that after rereading your question and looking at your screen shots, I'm confused. Perhaps someone else can help.

P2G is v11.

When I try to select the cd drive as the source of files to be converted - it finds nothing to convert. Which makes me think I first have to import/copy the disk using some other function, then go there for the source file to be comverted. If that's the case - that's way to complicated and wasteful of space.
a few more screenshots . . . the first shot - if the source window is expanded - shows "a audio disk" in drive,

the rest show the other programs retrieving the data (from the web) and inserting it.
So a couple of things - I'vetried searching, then browings back to 2014 for this issue. I'm guessing no one uses this program for this?

1. I'm trying to convert a commerical audio cd to .flac files using the 'convert' feature. P2G does not recognize the cd source as having data ( I guess).

2. Also - how to pre-populate the tracks? I have both media monkey and exact audio copy - and both of those have found and populated the track listing.

I've never used P2G for this purpose - and thought I'd give it a try since I bought it. But (I'm probably missing something) but this seems to be a labor intensive effort comparitiyvly. What am I missing?
Thanks one and all for the helpful suggestions! I have PD 15 Ultimate. If there were available additional free downloads, I don't think I downloaded them at the time I bought the product - I was just trying to do some basic stuff. I'm not finding any (free) downloads now.
Here's what I show on PD15: (see photo)

Jeff - I'm not finding the "Vitascene Filter" - is this an add on your purchased?

I guess my origional question is moot - I do have 365 now on my PC (was testing on my laptop and didn't realize I could have it on two machines) and it has some features. On 365, I've found "BBC film damage", witch gets the job done with toned down color - which works ok.

However: Here's a hijack of my own thread! If I use the, say 'BBC Film damage' or any other, i can't seem to make the effect fade in and out. So the transition from the effect to "normal" or to another effect is a abrupt change. Is there a way to have these effects fade in and out (when on the the Fx timeline), or conversely, do I need to break up the video into sections, with a effect for each section - and then use the 'enable fade in and fade out' on the movie timeline? That seems silly and super labor intensive - so I'm guessing I've missed something simple?

Thanks again One and all! I've used this program for years, but never really went beyond basics.

As part of PD15 you should have "NewBlue Old TV" effect. It has lots of controls for you to play with to get desired amount of oldness and it maintains color.

Jeff

Hi Jeff - Thaks for the reply. Looking under "Fx", I'm not seeing that effect. Am I lookin in the wrong place?
Hello - I'm wanting to add an 'old movie' type effect - with the look of scratched film and/or small white dots, etc. Is 'old film the only option for this type of effect? I find when I use old fim, it turns my color clip to Black and White! Hey - I dont want it to look that old! I'd like to have my clip remain color. Is there a way to get that type of effect and maintain color?

Thanks,

(power director 365 and 15)

Yep to 1st question.

No to the 2nd question.

Thanks much for the response. Just to be clear - (because I don't think I was) - I can have .jpg files with the 'motion' feature (like in the sideshow 'motion' templete) mixed with video clips and produce that into a .mp4?

For example - I mix .mp4 clips in a timeline with still photos - to nice effect. Would be even cooler if I could include those .jpg with motion.

Can I do this?

Thanks again!
I know I can create a .mp4 with a mix of photos and video clips, which is nice. With an eye towards enhancing this - Is it possible to continue to mix photos and video clips, yet have the photos set to display with 'motion' (like in one of the sideshow templates? This is where the display of the photo may zoom in or out to appear to be a video or have motion)?

Is it possible to do a .mp4 of just photos with motion in PD, apart from using the 'slideshow' feature?

OR . . is it possible to do a 'slideshow' (motion template) and have brief video clips in the slideshow as well run as well - ie: Thanks for any insight!
I agree - and have PD 15. I want a stand alone program, which I have the PD15. PD15 has served me well enough, but is a little limiting as far as moving ahead.

Only now looking at upgrading my PD - but see the push is for the subscription route. I guess the only advantage for me is that I assume this can be used on more than one machine, ie on my laptop if I'm traveling? Never missed that very much before, so meh.

I'm tempted to do the discounted subscripton for a year - and see. In this time, I'll go check out what else is out there and experiment. One main issue with switching software - as all of you know - the learning the new software. This needs to be done when deadlines are not an issue.

"No changes are permanent, but change is . . " undecided
Go to: