Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you don't mind foregoing a transiton, you can do this with keyframes. Use the PIP designer on each clip and start each one off the screen. Then use keyframes to move them to meet at the middle. I can produce a short tutorial for you if that would be helpful.

Here is one way to do it using masks and keyframes.
--Jim
Quote I don’t have a DX10 video card on my pc to test if the problem is fixed by now. Maybe JimIowa can tell us if the backdrop is working now with all the PD17 updates on that pc with the Quadro Fx 580.

Sorry I can't help. I now have a Quadro 600 video card which doesn't have the limitations of the FX 580. So I can't offer a real-world test of the latest updates to PowerDirector.
--Jim
Quote is it true that background music gets copyright issues on youtube i have seen in forums? what is the real difference between pd 17 ultra and ultimate? is buying this good for youtube tutorial videos?

Here is a link to 1 of 2 tutorials that help walk you thorugh the difference in the versions.

--Jim

I will contact Cyberlink and get the Tutorial Creation Pack, by one of the two methods you describe.
Thanks again for your great help.
John

It's a pleasure.
--Jim
Is this a title you created yourself or one of the presets in the Title Room? Do you have a file from which you can reinstall PowerDirector?

--Jim
John,

I did not use the Tutorial Creation Pack in this tutorial. It is free if you buy PowerDirector 365 - the subscription model. It does not come with PD Ultra or PD Ultimate. You can buy it for $50. I have two tutorials about if if you want to check it out. The first is here.

I deliberately used an arrow jpg image for all those who don't have the PiP objects in that package.

Glad to help you.

--Jim
Thanks! Though that is more a byproduct of your learning spirit than perhaps of the tutorials. It's fun to grow and learn with you and the other PD editors!

--Jim
I just created a simple tutoriual to show you how to accomplish this task. You will find it here.
--Jim
You are on the right track. I was looking throughmy tutorials and saw two about freeze frames, but I did not include techniques about adding titles. I can develop one for you and others. Do you want motion with the text that appears during the freeze or with the arrow, or do you just want the objects to appear?

--Jim
Barry is a wealth of great information.

Thanks for highlighting one of my tutorials.

Here is a tutuorial that deals with one dimenson of the new pre-cut tool.

--Jim
What specific kind of information are you looking for regarding the wipe transition?Here is a tutorial about some of the factors you need to consider when working with any transition. If you want something more specific let me know. I can create a tutorial specific to that.

--Jim
Here is a tutorial showing another method to draw the trail on map. This works when the line of the journey doesn't move in one direction only where you may have to use multiple masks so that you don't uncover the wrong places. So you can go from left to right and back left again, for example. Combine that with Steve G's magnification technique and you will have something special.

--Jim
I like your method better! Fun to learn from you. Sometimes I complicate things.surprised

--Jim
This tutorial may help.

--Jim
Here is a tutorial about that.

--Jim
I just saw one software tutorial (not for video editing) that was two hours long! Who can remember all that?

Here are some more tutorials that take the approach of learning one small thing at a time.

--Jim
Jack,

Let me know if you encounter an issue and I'll do my best to help. My philsophy is that with complicated software we can learn hit best one small piece at a time. That was the genesis of "Sharper Turtle". Welcome to this learning community. You'll find lots of encouragement here!

--Jim
Here is a link on using some of the elements in the tutorial creator pack. You may find it useful

There are lots of other tutorials in this clickable PDF as well.

--Jim
Here is a longer tutorial that deals with the range feature.

--Jim
I wish there were a simple way to do this.Here is a tutorial that works, but it takes a bit of time. The only other alternative is to use the Time Stamp in Power Director. One way to do that is illustrated here.

--Jim
Thanks for your endorsement of the Sharper Turtle!

--Jim
Go to: