Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Filter for awkward cell phone footage question?
[Post New]
I've seen on TV and on youtube and such a common filter that basically looks like they took the video in vertical format but when showing it on TV or youtube which wants a horizontal format it shows the video down the center but then has a fuzzy 'duplicate' mage on both sides so that it fills the horizontal format.

Blurring the side of photos and videos?

Does anyone know what that type of filter is called? Is it available in the CyberLink library?

Thank you very much in advance,
-Troy -- A merry heart doeth good as a medicine --
The Troy Spiral Experience on YouTube (BDSM)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Put the same video in track 1 and track 2. Use PiP designer to enlarge the sides of the video to fill the screen in track 1 and then apply the blur fx effect to it.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
This is generally done by adding an image to your first timeline and applying whatever effects you require to that image. I normally just use a screenshot of an appropriate part of the video and drag it out so that it covers the whole of the frame. Having done that, add your video to the next video timeline.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a tutorial about that.

--Jim
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jim shows a different way to do it. You don't need the mask if you place the original video in lower track 3 and save some steps too. It is good that the OP can see and have the choices of other methods in this post to achieve the result she is seeking.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I like your method better! Fun to learn from you. Sometimes I complicate things.surprised

--Jim
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jim that is good that you see others viewpoint. Do not want to sound critical, only saw that after viewing that tutorial. You do supply great tutorials that are welcome by users and inspire others to continue with their creativity. laughing