Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to add simple text or labels to a freeze frame
John7171 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2009 06:24 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
(Apologies for possible repeat question.)_ I want to create a freeze frame during the video, let it last a few seconds, and put within that frame a few labels.
I was hoping I could just create the freeze frame, put in one or more text boxes, fill them with text and maybe draw an arrow to the spot in the frame which I am trying to label.
It's easy to do in PowerPoint with Snagit, but for the life of me I cannot find anything that simple in PD 17. I don't want to use a title with fancy fonts or effects.
I thought of this solution: Maybe I could make a copy of the freeze frame with Snagit, insert the text boxes and arrows, and then insert it into the timeline on PD17.
Seems cumbersome, but so far I can't find anyway to do anything seemingly this simple in from withnin PD.
I have spent many hours going over the very nice instructional videos but can't get an answer to this problem.

I will attach a link to such a labelled freeze frame which I copied from someone else's video, just to show what I am trying to achieve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg2l6pcga3qig9f/labeled%20image.png?dl=0

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again.

John

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2019 18:47

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
You are on the right track. I was looking throughmy tutorials and saw two about freeze frames, but I did not include techniques about adding titles. I can develop one for you and others. Do you want motion with the text that appears during the freeze or with the arrow, or do you just want the objects to appear?

--Jim
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I just created a simple tutoriual to show you how to accomplish this task. You will find it here.
--Jim
Hankster65
Newbie Location: Kettering, OH Joined: Dec 04, 2018 09:19 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just created a simple tutoriual to show you how to accomplish this task. You will find it here.
--Jim

Well, I'm not the OP but I've got to say, Jim, you are ON IT! Nice video. I never fail to learn at least something from your videos. If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.
JimIowa
[Post New]
Thanks! Though that is more a byproduct of your learning spirit than perhaps of the tutorials. It's fun to grow and learn with you and the other PD editors!

--Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2019 01:54

John7171 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You are on the right track. I was looking throughmy tutorials and saw two about freeze frames, but I did not include techniques about adding titles. I can develop one for you and others. Do you want motion with the text that appears during the freeze or with the arrow, or do you just want the objects to appear?

--Jim

I would prefer no motion at this stage of my learning. I see your note about the tutorial and am anxious to get to it!
Thanks
John
John7171 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just created a simple tutoriual to show you how to accomplish this task. You will find it here.
--Jim

Oh my! How great to put all of that together in 5 minutes.
Greatly appreciated and will start to work on it soon.
I never knew about the creator's pack. When I purchased PD 17 I thought I bought whatever came with it. I will check this out from their site.
Thanks again.
John
JimIowa
[Post New]
John,

I did not use the Tutorial Creation Pack in this tutorial. It is free if you buy PowerDirector 365 - the subscription model. It does not come with PD Ultra or PD Ultimate. You can buy it for $50. I have two tutorials about if if you want to check it out. The first is here.

I deliberately used an arrow jpg image for all those who don't have the PiP objects in that package.

Glad to help you.

--Jim
John7171 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote John,

I did not use the Tutorial Creation Pack in this tutorial. It is free if you buy PowerDirector 365 - the subscription model. It does not come with PD Ultra or PD Ultimate. You can buy it for $50. I have two tutorials about if if you want to check it out. The first is here.

I deliberately used an arrow jpg image for all those who don't have the PiP objects in that package.

Glad to help you.

--Jim

I will contact Cyberlink and get the Tutorial Creation Pack, by one of the two methods you describe.
It's a little embarrassing or pesumptive for a beginner to buy something which is used to create tutorials, but I eed the elements which are available in that pack, it seems.
I will review the tutorials linked above.

Thanks again for your great help.

John

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14. 2019 17:18

JimIowa
[Post New]

I will contact Cyberlink and get the Tutorial Creation Pack, by one of the two methods you describe.
Thanks again for your great help.
John

It's a pleasure.
--Jim