Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Range feature
[Post New]
I can't find a delete option or I'd remove this because I found the answer, using the "Keyword Index" instead of Search field.

On either side of the playback head, there are little yellow squares that can be dragged to create a range.

I'd like to learn more about this feature. Can someone tell me where, in the docs, they reference they detail this feature? I searched "Range" and got too many hits and "Lock", as in "Lock range" and got none.

I even looked on Youtube but I'd have to wade through a lot of videos and none would probably mention it.

I thought "Render Preview" would just render the selected range, but it appears to render all clip on the timeline. I'm guessing "Produce Range" will create a pds file containing that range.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2018 01:25

Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It is annoying when you can't delete your own post, isn't it?

In case additional info would still be helpful, this 30 sec video shows how to select a range for either Range Produce or Render Preview:

Render Preview does what it says it does, which is to render (produce a temporary version of) the highlighted section so that PD doesn't have to continually apply all the edits and FX while you preview. That's the good news.

The bad news is that it takes a veerrryyy looonnnggg time to render (for some reason, it seems like 5x-10x longer than if you simply produced that section), AND it goes away as soon as you make almost any change to that section other than simple trims. If you'd like to learn more about it, here's a helpful guide.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a longer tutorial that deals with the range feature.

--Jim
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can't find a delete option or I'd remove this because I found the answer...

Hi
If you need post deleting and it doesn't mess up the rest of the topic, just PM and we can delete it for you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do