Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I will install k-lite and beta update and see if it solves the problem

My pd17 is build 2126

The source clips are from a gopro hero 6

My cpu is a ryzen 7 2700x, my graphics card is the gtx 970
Quote Attached system info, original file info & pd17 screenshot
Attached system info, original file info & pd17 screenshot
Hi all, long time pd user, however just upgraded to pd17 and have found my entire system is freezing while rendering H.265, even ctrl-alt-del does not work

This only happens when rendering H.265 and does not happen with any other codec, up to date windows 10 and ryzen 2700x
Hi all, does anyone know if power director 17 still has a limit of 4k resolution on 360 video, doesn`t specifiy in the features list ?
I have just got a 360 camera and am having trouble finding anything to play or view footage, power dvd18 lists 360 photo & video viewing, has anyone actually used power dvd18 to view 360 photos & videos, if so how well does it handle them.

I did try using my power dvd15, but it does not play properly and tried using power director 16 to edit, but it also doesn`t work properly it imports the video turned on it`s side.
Thanks Pepsi

I already went for the 2700x with an Asus rog strix gaming board, most benchamrks show the 2700x ahead of the 8700k in everything except single core or gaming.

I don`t know if the price difference is less where you are, but here in Britain I got the 2700x at £140 less then the cost of the 8700k.
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on which base for my system, the 2700x & 8700k seem fairly close in terms of performance, but significantly different in terms of price.

After using Intel only for over a decade, I am some what reluctant to try AMD again after so long without using any of their products first hand.

I will mainly be using the system to edit 4k video from a Nokia 8 and hero 7, preferably rendering using H.265 and large amounts of file storage and transfer.

Any advice appreciated

James
Does anyone have any recommendations on bit rates for rendering hevc video

Normally on H.264 i render at the same bit rates as the original file from cameras, so typically on my phone a 4K video comes with a bit rate of around 40mbps

So if i render that video in hevc, how low can i take the bit rate before losing any quality ?
Has anyone ever done this and what can i expect to happen ?

I would like to merge various pds projects into 1 large project, but have no idea what happens when you do this ?

Do not want to end screwing up project files
Yes just drag the clip to your timeline, then select tools menu, then in drop down menu select power tools, then in the top left menu tick the box for video in reverse
I don`t think you will get rid of the black side, it`s just the result of the narrow portrait view

You could possibly try another video editor, I wouldn`t buy another one just to use the footage you already have

Try HitFilm 4 express, it is one of the few good free video editors
Quote: I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I just downloaded filmora and it handles it fine, so yes i do think it's an issue with PD. I'll email them and see what sort of response I get, but I may be asking for my money back!

More than happy to be proved wrong and for someone to show me how to sort this issue though. Chnaging it to 16:9 just makes thefilm even more landscape and less portrait, which makes the video even worse!

Yes after all the testing i did with the file, i would agree it is something in the way pd is handling the file, i tried countless variations of ratio, resolution, format, codec and all were the same

Although this is certainly not pd specific issue, many other softwares did not handle the portrait mode very well

I think because the vast majority of devices and users do not film in portrait, most software is not optimized to process it

Personally i hate portrait mode anyway, i will never use it, it simply makes the video pointlessly narrow, for me portrait mode is for stills only

Although with so many phone apps like snapchat, the amount of portrait mode videos is only going to grow
After much testing the problem seems to be limited to VLC media player with videos rendered with H.265 above 30fps

The same files play normally in almost every other player, windows 10 inbuilt, media player classic, power dvd

The problem exists with any H.265 format video regardless of the codec used, mp4, m2ts
No problem
Yes I think it is something to do with the camera app and or portrait mode

Your original file opens sideways if played in power dvd, i also ran it through freemake file converter and after conversion it also put the video out sideways
I get similar results, when i upscale to 1080p it does clear up quite a bit, but not quite as sharp as the original

If the problem is with your phone and not any other device, would suggest the root cause is the phone setting not in pd itself

First i would advise always should with the phone sideways in landscape mode, not with the phone straight in portrait mode

Second being an android phone are you using the stock camera ?

If so download, Open Camera
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera&hl=en_GB

it is the best android camera and is free with no ads, just check you photo and video resolutions, as far as i recall when your first install they are set to the lowest setting

Try using open camera, shoot in landscape and then try a render
I am not sure how much affect it would have, but your original video is in 16:9 ratio, but in your screen video at the top your project ratio is set to 4:3

Also the blurry windows on the right is the preview window and it does tend to look more blurry, depending at what level you have the preview quality set at

I will process your original video using your settings and see what happens
Has anyone else come across this, I am experiencing glitchy playback on 4K video rendered with the H.265 container once i go above 30fps ?

at 30fps everything is fine, above 30fps it starts glitching

You will see in the linked video pd14 is also not applying my chosen bit rate, but chosing it`s own

The file names are written with the bit rate i chose, but if you look at the info tab on the right, it shows the file was output with a lower bit rate

https://youtu.be/QBUt_NS0kdw
Might be quicker if you did a quick screen record of whats actually happening
The point of H.265 is it can produce the same quality output using a lower bit rate

So if you previously did 1080p video at say 15mbps using H.264 then you should be able to render the same file using H.265 with a much lower bit rate

If you don`t drop the bit rate the file size will stay about the same

Try dropping the bit rate to say 7.5mbps and check the quality and then raise or lower the bit rate until you get the balance you want between quality & file size
Go to: