Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not find standalone for most recent version, have they went subscription model only ?
Hi all, can anyone tell in newer versions of pd does fast render still reduce quality slightly

I am about to convert all my videos to h.265 and obviously using NVENC would be much faster which would be great, but not at cost of quality
Hi all, looking for some tips on how to get the smoothest join between clips ?
Hi all

Can anyone confirm if powerdvd 21 can open and view HEIF/HEIC photo file format ?

I have tried using my current dvd19 and it will not open them

Thanks James
Hi everyone

I am looking for some info on what extra are actually worth downloading, rather than downloading them all and hardly use them or are extras pretty un-necessary altogether.

The one`s I looked at are, Adorage, Vitascene, Content pack essential, Content pack premium & Social media pack ?

Are any necessary or worth donwloading

Just inconstancies tomasc, https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html pic attached show it is supported.

Jeff

Yes Jeff that is the same screen i get when viewing comparison, probably best not to take the chance and just get ultimate version

Thank you all for your help
Can anyone confirm how the Cyberlink upgrade system works, do you have to install the previous version every time you install the new upgrade version or do they just give discount to existing users and when you buy the upgrade you just get a full normal install and product key ?

Thanks James
Hi all

Can anyone confirm if pd19 ultra supports HDR10 import, it says it does on the cyberlink comparison section, however i watched a youtube review from a well known Cyberlink review channel and he had ultra listed as NOT supporting HDR10 import

Also i am just viewing the ultra vs ultimate comparison page and most of the extra features in ultimate i don`t think i would use, however 2 stand out that i am unfamiliar with, which is the .mxf import and the .mov apple pro res import, can anyone tell me which devices record in these formats

Thanks James
Quote If there seems to be a bitrate threshold you may want to report the issue to CL so they can look into it.

I suggest having a sample of the working and non-working clips uploaded to a cloud folder so that they can work with the actual clips you're seeing the issue with, and you may want to include a link to this discussion so they can see what you've posted.

Their contact support page is here.

ok thanks Opto

I will report it, using h.265 is not a problem, but perhaps for those with gpu like my previous one that does not support h.265 hopefully they can fix the bit rate issue with h.264
Quote Can you confirm that the video is actually present in your processed clips? An easy clue is the file size, which may be just a couple MB for an audio-only clip instead of GB if the video was present. Do your processed clips play correctly in VLC, Windows Media Player, Win10's Movies & TV app?

The free MediaInfo app will show the important details like the codec and bitrate, or you can share a clip here by uploading it to a cloud folder and pasting the link to it. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if needed.

Hi again Opto

yes the video produced through insta studio seems fine, thumbnails are present, file size is larger than the raw camera file after adding flowstate and the video plays normally in pot player, although it does not play in power dvd which makes me think the issue is Cyberlink

UPDATE

I now tried re encoding the from insta studio, but using h.265 instead of h.264 & the video now works normally in both pd18 and power dvd 18.

So it seems the issue is only when encoded from insta studio using the h.264 codec.

After testing various encoding options, it seems 144mbps is the magic number

144mbps or less and video is normal

145mbps or higher and sound is audible, but video is just a black screen

Tested this at various resolutions with same results
Hi all

Having some what of a problem with editing video from insta360 one R

If i import the default mp4 files into pd18 they work fine, but if i process them through insta studio to apply the flowstate stabilization, when i then add them to pd18 timeline there is sound, but no video.

Anyone able to help with this ?

I have tried adding a codec pack to my system which made no difference
Hi everyone

I am having some issues with playback in some software after editing in pd17

The original un-edited video will playback normally, but after editng in pd17 it will play normally in vlc, films & tv, but does not play in 360 mode using pot player or even power dvd 18, it plays in equirectangular mode ?

EDIT

never minds it strangely seems like just a setting in both players, when set to auto detect the video plays in wide equirectangular format, but when you go into settings and manually select equirectangular format it plays in 360 mode in both players.
Thanks Pepsi, Opto & Jeff for all your help

Opto your last post was on the money, i did not even think of that as the cpu was not specifically overclocked, but was running an out the box turbo boost which takes it from 3.7ghz to 4.2ghz.

After i disabled all boosts and set the cpu to stock 3.7ghz, i can finally render a full length H.265 video.

However i now see in ryzen master 2 sections are hitting 100% usage and the system is clocking the cpu speed down as low as 3.2ghz, i can certainly live with this, but would like to figure out why this is happening and why the turbo boost had the effect of freezing the whole system, i always monitor my temps during render and they just touched 70c so should have been no where near thermal throttle ?
Quote i agree with optodata, too.
it's a PD17 hiccup. i've been using PD and amd systems for years. open a tech support ticket.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I have tried pd versions 14 through to 17 and all do the same, so i assume it can`t just be pd17 ?
Decoding is also disabled if this screenshot is the right area
I already had hardware encoding disabled after testing encoding with the gpu, i am not trying to encode with hardware cpu.

I have always found best quality renders came from software encode which i have never had any problem with until this AMD system
Thanks to all for your help so far.

i have now spent ages testing various version of pd with the same settings and various source files

pd 14 through to 17 will encode h.265 no problem on my lower spec intel skylake system, this freezing problem appears to only be happening on my new ryzen system

it`s the first AMD system i have wasted my money on for years, i will be getting rid of this trash and never giving amd the time of day again, clearly they are always going to be junk, put it down to an expensive lesson and punt it to a gamer or something and stick to my well tried and tested recipe of Gigabyte boards and intel cpu`s
trying a standard profile made no difference, however i can select hardware encoder which does render the video i assume via my gpu as while it renders temperature rises.

Although this is a kind of workaround, i never use hardware encoder due to the dip in quality, surely my 2700x should be more than capable of software encoding h.265 ?

i am rather puzzled i just built this system to have the most up to date hardware for editing my videos
Installing k-lite and the beta patch has not helped.

I have also tried various videos from different devices and various resolutions, all result the same when using h.264 it renders fine, when using h.265 it freezes, occasionaly if i trim to really short like only a few seconds long it will render
I will install k-lite and beta update and see if it solves the problem

My pd17 is build 2126

The source clips are from a gopro hero 6

My cpu is a ryzen 7 2700x, my graphics card is the gtx 970
Go to: