Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Merging power director projects ?
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone ever done this and what can i expect to happen ?

I would like to merge various pds projects into 1 large project, but have no idea what happens when you do this ?

Do not want to end screwing up project files
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this link for details: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12769&prodId=4 . Afterwards be sure to save the project with a different name unless it is okay to you to overwrite the original project.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
James,

When I'm editing a larger project I prepare it in sections, each one a separate project. I then use "import" (as in the link above) to assemble them one at a time. This allows me to work with smaller units and troubleshoot them individually. As tomasc noted, I then save the ever-growing master project under an umbrella name.

Main thing to note is that the new project will be inserted on the timeline wherever your timeline slider happens to be positioned, so be sure you've thought that out first. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6