Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

This problem I have here when I add over 100 video files, let alone worse.
It has some relation with activated shadow files.
If this is the case the simple solution is to divide the project into 2 or 3 parts.

I have now turned off the shadow files on this project. I've always created my home movies in one project, but I'm not sure how to divide it, then create one Blu-ray Disc of everything.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. There are several threads on the forum dealing with issues like this. Please take a look at this one and see if anything suggested there will help.

Update, the only thing I have not tried, up until today…

I simply allowed the power director program to run on its own, after about 90 minutes, maybe more everything loaded and is usable.
I don’t know if it has to do a shadowing, or what. I’m not really familiar with that, but I just took an extremely long time to load that last 20% of the timeline.
I have two years worth of video that I've comprised, edited, effects, etc..
When I open my saved project it loads all of the media, and gets to exactly 80% of the timeline loaded, and just stops responding.

I've been stick here for two days! Beyond frsutraited. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I'll try to clarify a little better..

I bought the 50GB Blu-ray disc mainly becuase I took my Family on vacation to Disney, and wanted to fit the entire trip (shot in 1080p HD on my Sony video camera) onto one disc, plus some family events that followed after the trip.

The home movies I'm working on for In-Laws are "silent movies" form the late 60's, up until 1991. They now longer have a way to watch these old hom moives.

I simply transfered those home movies onto my hard drive, then imported them into my timeline in PD 17. Collectievly, from 1967 - 1991 there is 4 hrs of content, that I wanted all on one disc for them.

I thought (assumed) the Smart Fit would auto choose the best resolution to burn the video to the BD disc. That's when I ran into that error.

I know enough to use PD to make fun edits, add music to jazz up an event, and provide a menu with chapter selection.

You asked me about MPEG2 -- should I be using something else to burn on Blu-ray? I know just enough to make a fun home movie, but also I'm trying to learn and make sure I am truly choosing the best quality options too.

So...at this point, I'm just trying to figure out the best quality setting in PD to burn the disc.

Also, do I need to "Produce" the disc before I go to burn it?
Hello All,

This is a first for me..

I've compiled a home movie for my In-Laws of VHS tapes to Blu-ray for them. The video contect is around 4 hours, for this project, I bought the Verbatim BD-R DL 50GB discs. Always before, I've purchased the same thing, but BD-R 25GB.

After the authoring gets to 99% a message pops ups that says:

Burning unsuccessful.

Error Code: eEb020281

Dercription:
(1) Drive is not ready.

I will also say that I selected the "Smart Fit" when it came to the burn, thinking that would give me the best picutre quality. After two unsuccessful attemps at this, I changed the "Smart Fit" to the following Profile Option:

MPEG-2, 720x 576/24p (8Mbps)

THat worked scussessfully.

However, shouldn't the Smart Fit have done the trick, and updated my picture quality?
Hi All,

A while back I made, produced and burned my family's vacation to Disney last Fall. Upon watching the Blu-ray playback, I saw some edits I needed to make, and some of the scenes where shakey (not from videoing).

I had sometime this weekend to touch up the home movie, but when PD goes to load the saved template file, the video doesn't load with it, just the sound effets, and slide show that I do at the end.
Attached is what it looks like, any way I can fix this? I REALLY don't want to start from scrarch on this one..

I should also note, my video files I recently moved from my old external hard drive, to a new external hard drive.

However, on other homes movies I had saved, PD simply asked me to locate them, and I did, and they loaded into the template just fine.

Thoughts, suggestions?

I appreaciate any guidance you can provide. Thanks!

Jarred
Thus far, I've been happy with PD 15. The only issue I am having right now, is I have one video clip that I'm doing in Slow Motion, with some music below the clip to accompany the video. Everytime I start to make an additional edit to the video that's in Slow Mo, it crashes with out warning, or cause.

Everythign else that I do with editing is fine. Any thoughts?

By the way...I recently updated to the newest version of PD 15 -- So I don't know if that's the root of the problem or not.
I went back into the project and deleted that ink menu template, and put in a different one, and it did it's Authoring and Burning perfectly fine.

For some reason, it didn't like that first menu I put on there.

Thanks for the tips!
Well....sadly, that didnt work. I removed all the chapters, then added them back in. Still getting the exact same error. Ugh!
Great feedback, thank you.

I did not make any edits within the Menu template itself, but I think you may be right about the chapter points. I will delete all the chapters and redo them.

I will let you know, thanks!
I made and successfully produced a home movie, and successfully burned it to a Blu-ray disc once already. Once I watched the home movie back on TV, I noticed a couple of small mistakes I had made.

I went back into the saved program and made the edits, and added a couple of small additions to the home movie.

Now....when I got to Burn the disc, the Authoring stops at 20% everytime and I get the following message:

Burning Unsuccessful

Error Code: e8000FFF

I can't figure out what the deal is....

Please help.
Sadly, after my changing and updating the timeline a little, it's still stopping at 97% during authoring. I may just start over on it.
Hey all,

For those that have already upgraded to Power Director 15, is it worth the upgrade? I see that Cyberlink is having a pretty good Black Friday sale, so the upgrade price for PD 15 Ultimate is $64.99; for the Ultimate Suite version is $124.99

I don't mind to pay it with the sale price, but wanted to know your thoughts....

Thanks for any advice or tips you may have.

Jarred
I possibly found where I had a transition effect that was in between two clips that maybe was part of the problem, so I moved them around a little and saved the project again. Since I've already produced the movie

Producing Settings are always:

H.264 AVC

1920 x 1080

AAC

384 Audio Bit rate, Stereo

Speed Quality Indicator: 6

Frame Rate: 60.00

Is there a need to produce again, since I made some edits to the time line? I wouldn't think so -- but thought I would ask.

Thanks again!
Thank you for the reply. I am trying to burn this home movie to a 25GB Blu-ray disc, I've never done the AVCHD Disc.

I will re-review the timeline and see if there is a gap, transition, etc in there, perhaps that's it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Quote Since you were able to produce the 33 minute file okay but not make a disc from it I am going to assume that you want to create an avchd disc.

There is the possibility that there is a corrupt file, small gap between clips, bad transition, etc. near the end of the timeline. You can continue to try to hunt it down or start a new project.

Try this: If you start a new project then just placing the produced file on the timeline is okay. You just need to add the chapters and possibly a menu.

Let us know if you are successful again this time.

P.S. You have some crashes with the Intel Graphics drivers according to the DxDiag.txt.
Here is how it looks...
The Hardware Acceleration was unchecked already, and I did uncheck the Quicksync. Still stops authoring at 97% everytime.

I've attached my DxDiag if that might help anyone....this is driving me nuts.
Hi All,

I recently made a 33 minute home movie of a family wedding I went to. I was able to Produce the movie no problem, and in a timly manner in fact.

When I select to Burn to Disc, three times now the Authoring stops (everytime) at 97%, and I get the following message/error:

Burning unsuccessful.

Error code: e8D00002

(80D00002)

Any idea what this might be?
Success!

Finally, I was able to successfully burn my home movie.

The trick was changing the DVD menu template. It was the third template I had to select and use before it would work.

The Authoring & Burning took 3hrs 09mins.

However I don't guess I understand why the two other DVD menus prohibited the program from finalizing?
Interesting. On my main menu of this project I had typed in "2016 Trips: Tybee Island, Savannah, San Fran".

I saved the project, produced it. When I sent back into it, the 2016 Trips isn't there. I've never had that happen before.

I will see what I can figure out. Thanks!
It's only 58 minutes long, I've burned 90 minutes with the same settings before without issue.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Project Size, and it's only 8.1 Meg - so I wouldn't think that is too big.

How would I go about doing the ISO option?
Go to: