Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please Help: My Disney Project -- Odd PD Error
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

A while back I made, produced and burned my family's vacation to Disney last Fall. Upon watching the Blu-ray playback, I saw some edits I needed to make, and some of the scenes where shakey (not from videoing).

I had sometime this weekend to touch up the home movie, but when PD goes to load the saved template file, the video doesn't load with it, just the sound effets, and slide show that I do at the end.
Attached is what it looks like, any way I can fix this? I REALLY don't want to start from scrarch on this one..

I should also note, my video files I recently moved from my old external hard drive, to a new external hard drive.

However, on other homes movies I had saved, PD simply asked me to locate them, and I did, and they loaded into the template just fine.

Thoughts, suggestions?

I appreaciate any guidance you can provide. Thanks!

Jarred
[Thumb - Disney.png]
 Filename
Disney.png
[Disk]
 Description
After loading, w/o the video
 Filesize
306 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - 1st Error.png]
 Filename
1st Error.png
[Disk]
 Description
Loading Error
 Filesize
163 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24. 2019 12:12

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Forget the .mpo file. It looks like you may have some 3D images in your BD. The fastest way to fix the BD is to simply edit it like extract it as an optical disc using the capture module. Edit, stabilize, etc. what you want and burn it on a BD-RE to make sure it is what you want. This will save you hours of editing if you can’t locate all assets of your original project. Burning will be super-fast because you might want to use svrt.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I should also note, my video files I recently moved from my old external hard drive, to a new external hard drive.

I understand you moved the video files because you thought the project wouldn't need further editing. When you received the prompt shown in your screenshot, did you browse to locate the file?

Is your "old" external hard drive still connected? If so, why not move your video files back there to their original location?

The suggestion tomasc made could well be the most effective option, but I've never tried to do it that way myself.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!