Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 Crashing When I Edit a Clip for Slow Motion
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Thus far, I've been happy with PD 15. The only issue I am having right now, is I have one video clip that I'm doing in Slow Motion, with some music below the clip to accompany the video. Everytime I start to make an additional edit to the video that's in Slow Mo, it crashes with out warning, or cause.

Everythign else that I do with editing is fine. Any thoughts?

By the way...I recently updated to the newest version of PD 15 -- So I don't know if that's the root of the problem or not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 12:07

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thus far, I've been happy with PD 15. The only issue I am having right now, is I have one video clip that I'm doing in Slow Motion, with some music below the clip to accompany the video. Everytime I start to make an additional edit to the video that's in Slow Mo, it crashes with out warning, or cause.

Everythign else that I do with editing is fine. Any thoughts?

By the way...I recently updated to the newest version of PD 15 -- So I don't know if that's the root of the problem or not.

I'm having the same problem. It does it when I lock the audio bar so that the audio doesn't get modified and then I slow down the video and then after I'm dong editing that, it crashes. I don't know what's going on and the only thing tech support told me was that the program is on an unsupported platform (whatever that means). I didn't have this problem until later when I upgraded my Divx codecs to pro but I doubt that would be the problem.

It sounds like they want me to upgrade to the next edition of PowerDirector but I don't want to have to do that unless absolutely necessary though. I'm starting to wonder though if downloading these programs from the site is a good idea. If I have to upgrade then my next step will be to purchase the disc itself from a retailer instead in case something goes wrong.

Also I've tried one of the 'patches' and that's not doing anything either. I hope the moderators get this problem fixed so I can get back to my slow motion editing.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The common denominator here seems to be the audio component. How about producing the video without audio and then adding the audio in afterwards. Have either of you tried doing that and if so did it make a difference?