Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc - Authoring Question
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone, looking for some opinions or direction. Over the past couple weeks I've been working on and editing some of the trips I've taken this year to go on one Blu-ray disc for a home movie. I had zero problems importing the video making my edits, special effects etc. The home-video runs 58 minutes and 33 seconds.

Once I had everything set up exactly how I wanted, I produced the Home video which took about 95 minutes.

Once I click to create disk and hit start burning, the authoring process takes hours! I'm on about my fifth or sixth attempt to author and burn this disc -- but I keep having an issue with Power director 14 not successfully finalizing the burn.

For the most part I have not really had this before with power director 14, however the offering and burning process does take a very long time and my experience.

Thoughts?

Settings for Ceate Disc:

MPEG 2

DTS, HD 1920 x 1080/60i
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe you can try unchecking burn to disc if it completes the authoring but not finalizing the burning. Check Create a folder instead. Use a disc burning software like Imgburn or P2Go to do the burning.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 10:55

Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply and input.

Yesterday I produced the home movie again, just for good measure, and it produced the movie just fine, and without error.

However - every single time I go to Create Disc, and start the Authoring/Burn process, the authoring gets to exactly 20% and stops, PD gives me the follow error, every time:

Burn Unsuccessful

Error Code: e8000FFF

(8000FFF)

I can't figure it out, and I do NOT want to start this over with a new/fresh template with importing, editing, etc.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 07. 2016 09:06

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
In some cases, it means your project is too long.

How long is the project?

Did you try the suggestion to burn to an ISO file? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's only 58 minutes long, I've burned 90 minutes with the same settings before without issue.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Project Size, and it's only 8.1 Meg - so I wouldn't think that is too big.

How would I go about doing the ISO option?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2016 09:58

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's only 58 minutes long, I've burned 90 minutes with the same settings before without issue.

Follow tomasc's instructions except select burn (encode) to ISO. Either one will work, I prefer the ISO.

If you can't do either, then there is a problem in the project itself and you'll have to try to find it. Sometimes looking at the storyboard view might catch somethiong that you can't see in storyline view. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: However - every single time I go to Create Disc, and start the Authoring/Burn process, the authoring gets to exactly 20% and stops, PD gives me the follow error, every time:

The stopping at 20% indicates that the authoring failed at the menu creation part of the project. Try this: Use a different menu or no menu and create that folder or iso and it should be fine.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting. On my main menu of this project I had typed in "2016 Trips: Tybee Island, Savannah, San Fran".

I saved the project, produced it. When I sent back into it, the 2016 Trips isn't there. I've never had that happen before.

I will see what I can figure out. Thanks!
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Success!

Finally, I was able to successfully burn my home movie.

The trick was changing the DVD menu template. It was the third template I had to select and use before it would work.

The Authoring & Burning took 3hrs 09mins.

However I don't guess I understand why the two other DVD menus prohibited the program from finalizing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2016 14:34

vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's only 58 minutes long, I've burned 90 minutes with the same settings before without issue.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Project Size, and it's only 8.1 Meg - so I wouldn't think that is too big.

I have this same problem with authoring except I get to 99% then get the failed message,very frustrating! VINCENT SAVARINO
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same problem with authoring except I get to 99% then get the failed message,very frustrating!
Vinny if you are having issues burning DVD then you need to give us some more information.
Length of timeline.
Burn choices.
Try without a menu.
Tick or untick hardware acceleration. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Vinny if you are having issues burning DVD then you need to give us some more information.
Length of timeline.
Burn choices.
Try without a menu.
Tick or untick hardware acceleration.
Thanks Barry, I have since had success since those earlier failed attempts,yet I didn't do anything different.I but I will keep better track of what I do so if it happens again I can ley you know ,Thank You for responding. VINCENT SAVARINO