Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help: Home Movie Timeline stops at 80% Loading
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
I have two years worth of video that I've comprised, edited, effects, etc..
When I open my saved project it loads all of the media, and gets to exactly 80% of the timeline loaded, and just stops responding.

I've been stick here for two days! Beyond frsutraited. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have two years worth of video that I've comprised, edited, effects, etc..
When I open my saved project it loads all of the media, and gets to exactly 80% of the timeline loaded, and just stops responding.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. There are several threads on the forum dealing with issues like this. Please take a look at this one and see if anything suggested there will help.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. There are several threads on the forum dealing with issues like this. Please take a look at this one and see if anything suggested there will help.

Update, the only thing I have not tried, up until today…

I simply allowed the power director program to run on its own, after about 90 minutes, maybe more everything loaded and is usable.
I don’t know if it has to do a shadowing, or what. I’m not really familiar with that, but I just took an extremely long time to load that last 20% of the timeline.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have two years worth of video that I've comprised, edited, effects, etc..

Thanks.

This problem I have here when I add over 100 video files, let alone worse.
It has some relation with activated shadow files.
If this is the case the simple solution is to divide the project into 2 or 3 parts. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]

This problem I have here when I add over 100 video files, let alone worse.
It has some relation with activated shadow files.
If this is the case the simple solution is to divide the project into 2 or 3 parts.

I have now turned off the shadow files on this project. I've always created my home movies in one project, but I'm not sure how to divide it, then create one Blu-ray Disc of everything.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

I have now turned off the shadow files on this project. I've always created my home movies in one project, but I'm not sure how to divide it, then create one Blu-ray Disc of everything.

One way for your edited project.
Find a position where you can split without changing your edit.
Select a part from the division by clicking and dragging yellow triangle.
Click button, Copy.
Menu, File, New Project
If you ask to save the project say Yes.
Click button, Paste
Important:
Now save the project under another name to preserve the main project. Ex: Name1
Open the main project again and do the same process now for the other one you missed earlier.
Produce a video for each project.
Add these videos and create your BD disc
I hope you can, if you need to ask more.

I did capturing the display showing how to do it. In the video follow the movement of the mouse.
For projects with more than 100 files the best and split into 2 or more projects.
For the case of the project already in progress or finished that for some reason prefers to divide use this method.
See the video Here

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 20. 2019 13:44

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365