Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Figure Out Why I'm Getting an Error - Authoring
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I recently made a 33 minute home movie of a family wedding I went to. I was able to Produce the movie no problem, and in a timly manner in fact.

When I select to Burn to Disc, three times now the Authoring stops (everytime) at 97%, and I get the following message/error:

Burning unsuccessful.

Error code: e8D00002

(80D00002)

Any idea what this might be?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

I recently made a 33 minute home movie of a family wedding I went to. I was able to Produce the movie no problem, and in a timly manner in fact.

When I select to Burn to Disc, three times now the Authoring stops (everytime) at 97%, and I get the following message/error:

Burning unsuccessful.

Error code: e8D00002

(80D00002)

Any idea what this might be?

No idea.

Try burning to an Image file (ISO) or a folder set. You can then burn one of those to a disc. You can use something like the free version of Power2GO (all functions usable for 15 days) or somehting like ImgBurn (also free but look for add-on programs you don't want. If you can't make the ISo file or folder set, then there is somehtging wrong with your project.

Also try slowing down your burn speed. What kind of disc are you trying to make -standard DVD, AVCHD, or blu ray? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
uncheck hardware acceleration or intel Quicksync at Final Output.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Hardware Acceleration was unchecked already, and I did uncheck the Quicksync. Still stops authoring at 97% everytime.

I've attached my DxDiag if that might help anyone....this is driving me nuts.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt Nov 2016.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
320 time(s)
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is how it looks...
[Thumb - Screenshot Error.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
388 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Since you were able to produce the 33 minute file okay but not make a disc from it I am going to assume that you want to create an avchd disc.

There is the possibility that there is a corrupt file, small gap between clips, bad transition, etc. near the end of the timeline. You can continue to try to hunt it down or start a new project.

Try this: If you start a new project then just placing the produced file on the timeline is okay. You just need to add the chapters and possibly a menu.

Let us know if you are successful again this time.

P.S. You have some crashes with the Intel Graphics drivers according to the DxDiag.txt.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply. I am trying to burn this home movie to a 25GB Blu-ray disc, I've never done the AVCHD Disc.

I will re-review the timeline and see if there is a gap, transition, etc in there, perhaps that's it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Quote Since you were able to produce the 33 minute file okay but not make a disc from it I am going to assume that you want to create an avchd disc.

There is the possibility that there is a corrupt file, small gap between clips, bad transition, etc. near the end of the timeline. You can continue to try to hunt it down or start a new project.

Try this: If you start a new project then just placing the produced file on the timeline is okay. You just need to add the chapters and possibly a menu.

Let us know if you are successful again this time.

P.S. You have some crashes with the Intel Graphics drivers according to the DxDiag.txt.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I possibly found where I had a transition effect that was in between two clips that maybe was part of the problem, so I moved them around a little and saved the project again. Since I've already produced the movie

Producing Settings are always:

H.264 AVC

1920 x 1080

AAC

384 Audio Bit rate, Stereo

Speed Quality Indicator: 6

Frame Rate: 60.00

Is there a need to produce again, since I made some edits to the time line? I wouldn't think so -- but thought I would ask.

Thanks again!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is no need to produce again. Create Disc does not require anyone to produce first.

Since the project produced fine the first time then you could save time in creating the disc by using the good produced file. You will save time as explained in the previous post.

P.S. Since you produced to a 1080p60 mp4 file previously that file is okay to place on the timeline to create a BD of 1080p60. Save time.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sadly, after my changing and updating the timeline a little, it's still stopping at 97% during authoring. I may just start over on it.