Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes sir, that is correct, found that out. :
Digging through my old hard drives I've dusted off a few golden oldies and they take me back to a time when I was getting very creative in my editing. So far I've only distributed them on DVD's, but I thought maybe a few newbies here might get a kick out of watching a few of them. I always like to show my work in its best form, and detest uploading degraded movies that I have done.

What is the best method to make some videos available for others to see. I have a Photobucket account but I'm afraid I'll max it out with video and the quality is not the greatest.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
It's been a while, but I think their is an option to save all the slides as png, and not have to go through the motions to save each file.

Also remember that you get an image of the final slide, no animations happen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been many years.
I learn real fast if I have someone watching me and answering questions as I go.

If I have to decipher instructions and hope I have clicked where I need to click and hopefully not miss a step, it takes me much longer.

I'd be willing to help where i can. I have a good understanding of linear editing (timeline).
Hi

I feel your pain. 8 years ago I got into editing and sat down with another program and tried to make some headway. After a very long day I didn't touch the editor again for months. I eventually did give it another go and found that I could accomplish something productive. A few more hours and the anxiety subsided and I began to enjoy it.

Because video is a visual experience I need to visually see what needs to be done and how to navigate. I didn't understand terminology and so didn't know how to find it using the help feature.

I agree, all video editing programs should have a step by step video available to at least get your clips off your camera, onto the timeline, trim them, put some titles on it and render a completed movie.

I have only really got serious with Power Director and once I feel competent in it I will create a beginners step by step how to.

BTW if their is some basic questions you have you can post them of PM me. I'll do what I can to help.
The empty space is where I want to paste it.

I got the copy part OK, it's the paste that's the issue.

I've been clicking all over the timeline and around and on the scrubber, but it was the comment from Tony, "right at the start/end of a selected clip" that clicked (no pun intended).

I have now found out that you MUST click at the start/end of a clip, you MUST have the double arrows as you see in the screen shot to get the paste option. Poor cell phone pic of screen, print screen doesn't capture the mouse.

If a space precedes the project, and you want to paste there, you can't do it! I had to move a clip there and then I had to clip on the start/end of that clip to paste, then delete the clip I put there first. Also keep in mind that if the scrubber is at the beginning of a clip, the paste moves everything to the right of the scrubber to make room for the clip you are pasting, so pick you paste location carefully. Also good to keep your preferences set to "Link all tracks when inserting/removing content in timeline" so you don't get all out of sync.

This is quite a bit different from what I've worked with for the last 8 years, glad you guys are here to help out.

Thanks so much, great community here
Hi guys

Well I didn't miss it completely. I know how to copy & paste, and the copy went fine but no option to paste when I right click. Ctrl+V works though, don't why I didn't think of trying that.

I right clicked on the tulips.jpg image, clicked copy and then moved the scrubber to the left and right clicked, no paste option, but Crl+V works.

I wonder why I have no option in the right click menu to paste???

Thanks for your help.
I seem to be missing something. I want to copy a clip and paste it farther down the timeline, but the only option I see it to paste to another track, not the same one I copied from.

Also I often have a segment with clips, transitions and text that I want to use in another place on the timeline. Do I have to incorporate another track to do this?

Thanks
I did a little testing to see what I could do.

I found that creating the banner was easy, just a .jpg, about 1000 x 80 for this project.
I placed it on the timeline and brought down the opacity.

I created the text and placed them where I wanted them.

2 problems came up during this project.

1) The white numbers on the banner briefly turned dark just before fading. Don't know why that is. I tried with and without a border, made no difference. Maybe other colors might work better, maybe another font?

2) The number of transitions you can use on the banner is VERY limited! I ended up using one of the block style.
I had hoped for a better selection but most of them transitioned the whole screen, not just the banner. Very disappointed here. Again I don't know why that is.

I posted it on my Photobucket if you want to have a look.
I'm new to PD but have done editing for over 8 years. I've not tried this in PD but I have done this in another editor.

Their may be several ways to do this.

Using a photo editor, the banner can be a .gif image with increased transparency as you can see the underling video.
The banner image can be dissolved to transition out using a video editor.

The text/numbers can be either overlaid and then animated, or it also could be done with a series of banner images to simulate the countdown, just transition from one to the next with an animated transition out. I'd say 4 images with the last transitioned out would do it.
Thanks but that didn't help.

It was a tip on adding the Pip zoom on top of a camera zoom when editing.

My problem is the image jitters when zooming with PD.
Thanks

Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit
PD10, build 10.0.1129b
SR VDE111213-07
Source material was the lake.jpg that came with PD10
Quicktime is current
Graphics card driver is up to date
Video Codecs on my PC
ICM Microsoft RLE MRLE msrle32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ICM Microsoft YUV UYVY msyuv.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ICM Intel IYUV codec IYUV iyuv_32.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ICM Toshiba YUV Codec Y411 tsbyuv.dll 6.1.7601.17514
ICM Cinepak Codec by Radius cvid iccvid.dll 1.10.0.13
DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 6.1.7601.17514
DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2 wmvdecod.dll 6.1.7601.17514
DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385

MPEG/DVD Filters
video MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder mcdsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.51
video Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll 6.1.7140.0
video ULead MPEG Video Decoder uldsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.52
audio MainConcept MPEG Audio Decoder mcdsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.51
audio Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder msmpeg2adec.dll 6.1.7140.0
audio ULead MPEG Audio Decoder uldsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.52
Yes it looks good. I love watching videos like that, cruising. Makes me want to get a bike again.
Thanks, I'll see what works best for me.

Can I copy the "extra bits", in their relative positions to another project?

If I can copy segments of a project to another then I could work around this.

Thanks again
Hi, thanks for the speedy reply.

I have tried all the formats and they all do it. I can post the MPG2-HD if you wish, but it looks the same as the one I posted above.
Using Pip Designer to zoom it get a jitter more so out from the center. This is not a strobeing like with lines.

The preview on the timeline jitters.
The render preview jitters.
And any format that I render in jitters.

A 4 second sample of the issue.

PD10 - 17 MB file size.

This is the same photo zoomed with Video Explosion, 4 MB file size, some shimmer is seen in the trees and water.

Any suggestions.

Window 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (not sure of the RAM), 931 GB free space
Often in large projects I would like to render a small segment to see how it would look in the final production, not just a "Render preview".

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks
An important setting for big projects like a multi-camera edit.

Under Edit > Preferences > Editing, check Link all tracks when inserting/removing content in timeline.

This will prevent all the bits and pieces on your multiple tracks from getting out of sync.
Getting to be a long day, but I think I found my answer.

Under Edit > Preferences > Editing, check Link all tracks when inserting/removing content in timeline.

So far with my test project it is working as I would like
OK, so I made some headway on this issue.

I found that insert works, IF I place the left edge of the new clip next to the right edge of the clip on the track that I want to insert the new clip after. Works fine with no gaps created.

I DO however want to know how to preserve the timing of titles and clips on other tracks when I do this.
I have a DVD creation tool that I can use the complex DVD menus that I can create. For those I usually use my photo editor because it is more versatile. I usually use screen shots from my project and place them in the photo, later with my DVD creation software I can use that part of the image for buttons to navigate.

I often mask out a past to create a "window" that I run a background video in to create the motion like on a real production DVD.

It's a lot of work and I can spent too many hours if I'm not careful.
Go to: