Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not a problem, but I want to share/upload some videos
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Digging through my old hard drives I've dusted off a few golden oldies and they take me back to a time when I was getting very creative in my editing. So far I've only distributed them on DVD's, but I thought maybe a few newbies here might get a kick out of watching a few of them. I always like to show my work in its best form, and detest uploading degraded movies that I have done.

What is the best method to make some videos available for others to see. I have a Photobucket account but I'm afraid I'll max it out with video and the quality is not the greatest.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Digging through my old hard drives I've dusted off a few golden oldies and they take me back to a time when I was getting very creative in my editing. So far I've only distributed them on DVD's, but I thought maybe a few newbies here might get a kick out of watching a few of them. I always like to show my work in its best form, and detest uploading degraded movies that I have done.

What is the best method to make some videos available for others to see. I have a Photobucket account but I'm afraid I'll max it out with video and the quality is not the greatest.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you do not have a Youtube Account, get one, they are free and you can post up to 15 minute videos.

You are not limited by the number of videos there some size restriction, but that size restriction does not bother 15 min 1080 videos.

Many editors in this forum have their own Youtube account.

Once unloaded to Youtube you can post links in this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2012 09:23

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Grumpy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that Carl, do you know if I can have a private channel and just post likes on the forum so that the whole world is not viewing them? Richard

Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Richard -

I don't know about a private channel on YouTube...

BUT

When you upload any video, you can select the following privacy settings:
Public - anyone can search for & view
Unlisted - anyone with a link can view
Private - only people you choose can view

I have a number of videos on my channel that have only been shared with selected people. If you'd only like forum members to view, you could choose "Unlisted".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Grumpy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, that's what I was looking for. Richard