Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
how to import Powerpoint presentation to PD9?

Or even better: how to use separete Powerpoints files in PD9? I tried to do copy/paste, but couldnt save them as a file (example into My Documents)
Wasnt any help of Youtube/Google too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2012 12:00

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
how to import Powerpoint presentation to PD9?

Or even better: how to use separete Powerpoints files in PD9? I tried to do copy/paste, but couldnt save them as a file (example into My Documents)
Wasnt any help of Youtube/Google too.

In PowerPoint, open the slide you want to import to PD9, then File > Save As.
In the file type drop-down, choose PNG and save the file where you can find it.

I choose one slide in the dialog box that asked.

Then Import the *.png file into the PD library.

The Slide I made in PowerPoint exported as PNG at 720x540 pixels.
I do not know if PowerPoint will do bigger slides.

My Slide made in PowerPoint 2000 and exported as PNG.

[Thumb - Carl McMillan.png]
 Filename
Carl McMillan.png
[Disk]
 Description
Sample PowerPoint Slide.
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
151 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2012 20:06

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
It's been a while, but I think their is an option to save all the slides as png, and not have to go through the motions to save each file.

Also remember that you get an image of the final slide, no animations happen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been many years. Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all -

I only use PP now for presentations at uni, when the speaker needs to control slide & animation timing. If it's a simple "watch, pause & discuss" presentation, I build it in PD from the start.

Richard is right - text & image animation cannot be saved using the "Save As" path. If you go to File > Save As > Other Formats & select the option Carl mentioned (or any of the image formats), you'll be prompted to either save one slide or every slide. The latter creates a folder containing the final slides (minus animations).

** It's important to be aware that PowerPoint compresses images on import... so what you get using the above method is a watered down version of your original images.

I use Camtasia Studio, which has a PP add-in for recording presentations. It has excellent control of production parameters.

So - to the original question...
1. PP slides can't be imported into PD
2. Each slide can be saved in graphic format (all in one step, as suggested) & imported into PD
3. Other software can be used to record the presentation & save in video format.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, thanks to all,
my project is done now !
have a nice weekend! PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi