Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Experiment with PD10-Pip/Mask
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I been trying to learn about PiP objects and Masks in pd10 Ultra
Here is a short clip of what I've done
All graphics were done in Xara Designer Pro and exported as PNG's.
comments welcomed
JIm
http://youtu.be/jL99IOkKtcw

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2012 16:01

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
It worked!

It's a great way to make interesting titles, a bit of graphics and text with an area to give a preview of what's to come.

I've created DVD menus and done some interesting "blue screen" effects with this. I did a desert back ground with 2 characters crawling over a mound of sand. I had a green screen behind the characters and later masked them to reveal the desert pic. I also created "heat waves" with some motion distortion to make it very realistic.

You can get real creative if you want to. Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Thanks for the response...and comments...I have done a few self made menu's and 'Disc Menu's' but get sidetracked to easy...
I seen disc menu that I was trying to re-create..but not sure how it was accomplished..so thought I'd experiment.
Jim
p.s Not enough time in the day for cyberlink programs...LOL Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
I have a DVD creation tool that I can use the complex DVD menus that I can create. For those I usually use my photo editor because it is more versatile. I usually use screen shots from my project and place them in the photo, later with my DVD creation software I can use that part of the image for buttons to navigate.

I often mask out a past to create a "window" that I run a background video in to create the motion like on a real production DVD.

It's a lot of work and I can spent too many hours if I'm not careful. Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space