Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best route to take
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have 365 Suite which expires around Sept 7. I wish to have only Powerdirector 365 so I cancelled the renewal and am ready to download PD 365. Should I wait until the 365 Suite expires and then download PD 365? What happens if I download the PD 365 while the suite is still active?

As for the rest of the 365 suite I will replace them (except the audio) with older versions that I got before the suite. eg Color director and photodirector. Do I have to delete the current 365 versions first and then reinstall the older versions? When I do uninstall the 365 versions will the 'extras' be deleted with them or will that require individual uninstalls?
Thanks,
Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No need to overthink this. When your Suite subscription expires, you'll get a few warnings and emails that you're going to lose access to the full features of each program, but you'll likely still be able to use them for a couple of weeks at least. See this FAQ for more info.

There is no need to uninstall the non-PD items until and unless you install the older versions. However, you will need to uninstall the Suite versions first before installing the older versions.

Also, the PD19 version of PD365 will magically become the PD20 version next month, and it's the exact same program whether you have the Suite or just the PD subscription so you can keep using it as usual. As long as you have an active subscription, the App Manager will handle the switch and the PD19/20 update without you needing to do anything other than click Install when it's ready.